This member-only toolkit is comprised of various checklists and other resources that are useful to any organization who is looking to contract with or employ a physician. It contains:
- Physician employment contract language and term checklist — Know that you have considered and incorporated all of the required and optional language and contract terms within your physician contracts.
- Sample physician employment agreement contract — See a draft of what a sample employment agreement is typically structured like. The type of contract will vary based on the methodology used to hire a physician.
- Common methodologies to hire physicians — Define and breakdown the primary contract methodologies that are utilized to hire physicians in both the private practice setting or by small/large organizations.
- Sample tables of four common compensation methodologies — (wRVU, tiered wRVU, net revenue, and partnership agreements) See four sample tables of common compensation methodologies and how those payments to physicians are often calculated.
- List of the best practices for physician employment contracting — This is a list of best practices to consider when you are building a physician contract and/or working to hire a physician regardless of which methodology you will be utilizing to hire them.
In addition to this toolkit, a Physician Contract Guidebook e-book is also available from MGMA for even more insight into physician contracting.