Know the right numbers. Build a strong practice.
Get the benchmarks you need to get and keep quality providers
As a Federally recognized source to assist in fair market value, the Provider Compensation data set delivers the targeted insights your practice needs to attract and retain top providers, drive more revenue through productivity and help contain costs.
You can examine physician and advanced practice provider (APP) compensation across specialties and subspecialties, so when you are looking to hire or build a contract, you will be competitive and consistent with the market based on fair market value based on role, region and practice type. You can also benchmark your current providers and APPs to see how much each should be producing based on their compensation.
Find the right data to benchmark your practice
To allow you to make a proper apples-to-apples comparison, the Provider Compensation data set is segmented into five highly focused data subsets:
Hospital and Physician-Owned Data
- Physicians and APPs employed in a physician or hospital-owned practice
- Includes total compensation, productivity benchmarks, and compensation-to-productivity ratios
Academic Compensation Data
- Physicians and APPs employed in a medical school, university, or teaching hospital
- Leverages faculty billables, clinical percentages and actual productivity
- Calculate productivity reflecting 100% billable clinical activity
Medical Directorship Compensation Data
- Exclusively focused on medical directorships
- Reports the annual stipend, monthly stipend, and hourly rates
On-Call Compensation Data
- On-call status physicians and APPs
- Explore by annual compensation, daily rate, weekend rate, holiday rate and hourly rate > Additional filtering by on-call coverage type
Starting Salary Data
- First-year physicians and APPs
- Examine guaranteed starting salaries
- Includes first-year enticements such as signing bonuses, vacation time allotment, paid relocation expenses and CMEs
See DataDive Provider Compensation in Action
This only scratches the surface of the potential insights this powerful data set can provide. To get the full picture that includes a complete list of benchmarks and filters, fill out the form to the right, and a DataDive expert will reach out to walk you through our demo.
About MGMA DataDive
MGMA DataDive is an industry wide data set that includes thousands of metrics that you can use to benchmark almost any area of your practice. This is healthcare's most reliable benchmarking resource, and it’s helped professionals and practices of all sizes determine how they stack up in the marketplace. Pick your data set to pinpoint success and uncover opportunity using detailed filtering to generate side-by-side comparisons of your practice’s performance vs. your regional and national industry peers.