Technology can help us in many ways. It can streamline patient care, provide better patient engagement, lower costs and give us far better insight into what patients need in real-time. However, there are challenges including regulatory hurdles, issues related to patient privacy and medical practice adoption standing in the way of the industry reaching its technological potential.
In this episode of the MGMA Insights podcast, we gaze into a crystal ball to discuss the future of healthcare technology. Experts interviewed include:
- Anthony Brooke VP Strategy - Product, Partnerships and Data Analytics at GetWellNetwork [1:33]
- Andrew Jahnke, Owner and Chief Technologist of RainTech [5:59]
- Kevin B. Hoover MD, PhD, Director, Musculoskeletal Imaging and Intervention, Department of Radiology School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University [13:35]
- Joette Derricks. MPA, FACMPE, CPC, AAPC-Fellow, CHC, CLSSGB, CEO, Derricks Consulting, LLC [29:50]
- "7 key ways healthcare can be impacted by artificial intelligence" (MGMA Insight Article)
- "Referral, predetermination, authorization, precertification: What's the difference?" (MGMA Insight Article)
- "How technology can enhance patient self-management" (MGMA Stat)
To learn more about healthcare technology, join us at MGMA19 | The Annual Conference, Oct. 13-16 in New Orleans. Kevin Hoover and Joette Derricks are both featured speakers at the event. For more information about MGMA19, check out our Annual Conference blog at mgma.com/fuse. To register, visit MGMA.com/bigeasy19.