Essentials of Financial Management
- ACMPE: 1.2500
- CEU: 1.2500
Essentials of Financial Management is part of the Essentials of Group Practice Management course.
A new or inexperienced practice manager may not have an understanding of how to develop a relationship with financial and insurance carriers; these relationships are critical to the practice's financial success. During this course, we will discuss the basics of creating a relationship with financial and insurance carriers.
Learn the essentials, including how to:
- Develop and implement the organization's budget to achieve organizational objectives
- Establish internal controls for cash management
- Implement and maintain a process for external financial audits
- Develop and implement revenue cycle management and accounts receivable management
- Analyze and monitor financial performance and report financial results to stakeholders
- Define the payroll process
- Choose and maintain the organization's banking, investment, and other financial relationships
- Develop relationships with individual insurance carriers to optimize contract negotiations and maintenance of existing contracts
This course represents one of the six performance domains as defined in the Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management, 4th Edition.
- Available for a year from the first time you log in to your course
- Choose your own schedule and pace
Engaging, up-to-date content to maximize learning:
- Multimedia, videos, and animation
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
To provide you maximum scheduling flexibility, this course is divided into several short segments, allowing you to complete one or more at a time.
Who should participate?
- Members studying for the ACMPE certification exams
- New/Intermediate practice managers/administrators
Delivery method: Self-Paced Study | Ongoing
Learning level: Intermediate - Education that builds on a basic curriculum, designed to improve your ability to analyze and apply skills learned to a topic or knowledge area.
Learning format: Traditional
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of the topic or knowledge area.
Advance preparation: None
Duration: Approximately 75 minutes
Claiming credit: If you wish to claim continuing education credit for this online course, participants must successfully complete all modules and the cumulative exam.
- ACMPE, medical practice administrators in certification and Fellowship through ACMPE
- CEU, generic continuing education credit
For detailed continuing education credit information, click here.
You will need:
- Internet: A high-speed internet connection
- Audio: Computer speakers or headphones
Training courses purchased but not yet started will be eligible for a refund within 90 days from the date of purchase. Fees cannot be refunded once the program has been started or completed.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds:
Toll-free: 877.275.6462, ext. 1888
If for any reason MGMA must cancel this program, MGMA will notify participants by email of the cancellation no less than five business days prior to the cancellation of the program. Full registration fees will be refunded in full within 90 days of the cancellation.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this course.