MGMA senior editor Daniel Williams interviewed TopResume career advice expert Amanda Augustine to find out the best practices needed to succeed when engaged in an over the phone job interview.
In the interview, Augustine provided tips on best practices for before, during and after the phone interview, including:
- In the preparation for a phone interview, how much time should you spend refining your own experiences and best traits versus how much time should you prepare learning about the company?
- Since most of these interviews happen during business work hours and most candidates have a current job, how does a job interviewer best plan for that time away from or out of the office?
- What is the best advice for answering common questions like “what’s your greatest weakness” and sounding different from everyone else?
- What questions should you ask the company/interviewer via phone interview?
- What are the most common phone interview mistakes that job seekers should avoid?
You can listen to additional MGMA podcasts about finding the right company culture and job benefits at:
Health and wealth benefits tips for job seekers
Tips on company culture for jobseekers
Are you in the current job market searching for your next career opportunity? Post your resume and start your job search on our niche healthcare job board today!