Essentials of Risk and Compliance Management
- ACMPE: 0.5000
- CEU: 0.5000
Essentials of Risk and Compliance Management is part of the Essentials of Group Practice Management course.
A new or inexperienced practice manager may not have a lot of knowledge about reducing liability for the practice. This course will provide the tools to develop and implement a risk management plan for the practice that will limit liability.
Learn the essentials, including how to:
- Identify and implement a risk management plan to ensure a safe environment for patients, staff, and visitors
- Define and implement policies and procedures to manage the impact of adverse legal events
- Establish a plan for disaster response and recovery
- Integrate a compliance program for federal and state laws and regulations
This course represents one of the six performance domains as defined in the Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management, 4th Edition.
- Available for a year from the first time you log in to your course
- Choose your own schedule and pace
Engaging, up-to-date content to maximize learning:
- Multimedia, videos, and animation
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
To provide you maximum scheduling flexibility, this course is divided into several short segments, allowing you to complete one or more at a time.
Who should participate?
- Members studying for the ACMPE Board Certification exams
- New or intermediate practice managers/administrators
Delivery method: Self-Paced Study | Ongoing
Learning level: Intermediate - Education that builds on a basic curriculum, designed to improve your ability to analyze and apply skills learned to a topic or knowledge area.
Learning format: Traditional
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of the topic or knowledge area.
Advance preparation: None
Duration: Approximately 30 minutes
Claiming credit: If you wish to claim continuing education credit for this online course, participants must successfully complete all modules and the cumulative exam.
- ACMPE, medical practice administrators in certification and Fellowship through ACMPE
- CEU, generic continuing education credit
For detailed continuing education credit information, click here.
You will need:
- Internet: A high-speed internet connection
- Audio: Computer speakers or headphones
Training courses purchased but not yet started will be eligible for a refund within 90 days from the date of purchase. Fees cannot be refunded once the program has been started or completed.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds:
Toll-free: 877.275.6462, ext. 1888
If for any reason MGMA must cancel this program, MGMA will notify participants by email of the cancellation no less than five business days prior to the cancellation of the program. Full registration fees will be refunded in full within 90 days of the cancellation.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this course.