Essentials of Operations Management
- ACMPE: 1.7500
- CEU: 1.7500
Essentials of Operations Management is part of the Essentials of Group Practice Management course.
New and existing medical personnel need to have a basic understanding of operations management for the medical practice to succeed. Arm yourself with the business know-how needed to develop operations plans, compensation methodologies, needs assessments, clinical pathways, benchmarking, facility management, and marketing and communications plans.
Learn the essentials, including how to:
- Establish, communicate, implement, and monitor production and compensation standards for all physician and nonphysician provider staff
- Implement and/or support organization leadership management of clinical staff conduct and performance expectations of programs
- Analyze the elements of medical practice business operations
- Clarify the role of marketing and communications in a well-run practice
- Identify the essentials of purchasing, outsourcing, and facilities management
- Develop and maintain appropriate internal communication pathways for clinical and nonclinical staff
- Define a technology plan that establishes the criteria for selection and implementation of information technology, including computer systems, internet strategies, and telecommunications
- Plan and design a technology security process to protect patient and practice data systems
- Manage medical information systems, including medical records, medication administration, and healthcare-related document storage
- Develop and implement processes to comply with mandated reports of specified patient issues to regulatory agencies
- Utilize a quality improvement tool to develop a clinical pathway
- Develop and oversee patient satisfaction and customer service programs
This course represents one of the six performance domains as defined in the Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management, 4th Edition.
- Available for a year from the first time you log in to your course
- Choose your own schedule and pace
Engaging, up-to-date content to maximize learning:
- Multimedia, videos, and animation
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
To provide you maximum scheduling flexibility, this course is divided into several short segments, allowing you to complete one or more at a time.
Who should participate?
- Members studying for the ACMPE certification exams
- New/Intermediate practice managers/administrators
Delivery method: Self-Paced Study | Ongoing
Learning level: Intermediate - Education that builds on a basic curriculum, designed to improve your ability to analyze and apply skills learned to a topic or knowledge area.
Learning format: Traditional
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of the topic or knowledge area.
Advance preparation: None
Duration: Approximately 105 minutes
Claiming credit: If you wish to claim continuing education credit for this online course, participants must successfully complete all modules and the cumulative exam.
- ACMPE, medical practice administrators in certification and Fellowship through ACMPE
- CEU, generic continuing education credit
For detailed continuing education credit information, click here.
You will need:
- Internet: A high-speed internet connection
- Audio: Computer speakers or headphones
Training courses purchased but not yet started will be eligible for a refund within 90 days from the date of purchase. Fees cannot be refunded once the program has been started or completed.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds:
Toll-free: 877.275.6462, ext. 1888
If for any reason MGMA must cancel this program, MGMA will notify participants by email of the cancellation no less than five business days prior to the cancellation of the program. Full registration fees will be refunded in full within 90 days of the cancellation.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this course.