Essentials of Human Resource Management
- ACMPE: 1.0000
- CEU: 1.0000
Essentials of Human Resource Management is part of the Essentials of Group Practice Management course.
Gain a basic understanding of human resources, including identification of the importance of human resources and how to implement practice standards for growth and leadership.
Learn the essentials, including how to:
- Identify the recruitment and orientation process of clinical and nonclinical staff
- Manage the retention of clinical and nonclinical staff
- Develop and monitor an effective staffing strategy
- Define, implement, and evaluate performance management programs for clinical and nonclinical staff
- Develop and implement staff compensation and benefits plans
- Leverage systems, processes, and structure for administrative and clinical training for medical providers, employees, and students
- Establish systems and processes for awareness, education,and compliance with employment laws and regulatory standards
- Discover personal commitment to enhance knowledge, skills, and abilities in healthcare administration
This course represents one of the six performance domains as defined in the Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management, 4th Edition.
- Available for a year from the first time you log in to your course
- Choose your own schedule and pace
Engaging, up-to-date content to maximize learning:
- Multimedia, videos, and animation
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
To provide you maximum scheduling flexibility, this course is divided into several short segments, allowing you to complete one or more at a time.
Who should participate?
- Members studying for the ACMPE certification exams
- New/Intermediate practice managers/administrators
Delivery method: Self-Paced Study | Ongoing
Learning level: Intermediate - Education that builds on a basic curriculum, designed to improve your ability to analyze and apply skills learned to a topic or knowledge area.
Learning format: Traditional
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of the topic or knowledge area.
Advance preparation: None
Duration: Approximately 60 minutes
Claiming credit: If you wish to claim continuing education credit for this online course, participants must successfully complete all modules and the cumulative exam.
- ACMPE, medical practice administrators in certification and Fellowship through ACMPE
- CEU, generic continuing education credit
For detailed continuing education credit information, click here.
You will need:
- Internet: A high-speed internet connection
- Audio: Computer speakers or headphones
Training courses purchased but not yet started will be eligible for a refund within 90 days from the date of purchase. Fees cannot be refunded once the program has been started or completed.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds:
Toll-free: 877.275.6462, ext. 1888
If for any reason MGMA must cancel this program, MGMA will notify participants by email of the cancellation no less than five business days prior to the cancellation of the program. Full registration fees will be refunded in full within 90 days of the cancellation.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this course.