Essentials of Human Resource Management
DescriptionEssentials of Human Resource Management is part of the Essentials of Group Practice Management course.
Gain a basic understanding of Human Resources, including identification of the importance of Human Resources and how to implement practice standards for growth and leadership.
Learn the essentials, including how to:
- Identify the recruitment and orientation process of clinical and nonclinical staff
- Manage the retention of clinical and nonclinical staff
- Develop and monitor an effective staffing strategy
- Define, implement and evaluate performance management programs for clinical and nonclinical staff
- Develop and implement staff compensation and benefits plans
- Leverage systems, processes and structure for administrative and clinical training for medical providers, employees and students
- Establish systems and processes for awareness, education and compliance with employment laws and regulatory standards
- Discover personal commitment to enhance knowledge, skills and abilities in healthcare administration
- Available for 60 days from the first time you login to your course
- Choose your own schedule and pace
Engaging, up-to-date content to maximize learning:
- Multimedia, videos and animation
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
Who should participate?
- Members studying for the ACMPE certification exams
- New/Intermediate practice managers/administrators
- Delivery method: self-paced study | ongoing
- Learning Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: A fundamental knowledge of medical group practice management.
- Learning Format: Traditional
- Advance preparation: None
- Duration: Approximately 60 minutes
If you wish to claim ACMPE or continuing education unit (CEU) credit for this eLearning course, participants must successfully complete all eLearning modules and the cumulative exam.
OFFICIAL CONTINUING EDUCATION STATEMENTS AND AVAILABILITY
AMERICAN COLLEGE OF MEDICAL PRACTICE EXECUTIVES (ACMPE)
ACMPE Credit continues to be a free member benefit for Certified Medical Practice Executives (CMPEs) and Fellows in the American College of Medical Practice Executives (FACMPEs) and can be claimed on these members' ACMPE transcripts.
ACMPE credit is available to MGMA members who are enrolled in the Association’s credentialing program. Learn more about ACMPE credit.
One ACMPE credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Generic CEU certificates of attendance are available to registered eLearning participants who complete the course as described above.
One generic CEU credit is awarded for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
For questions regarding continuing education, please contact us!
You will need:
- Internet: A high-speed internet connection
- Audio: Computer speakers or headphones
- Learning management system: Run this system check
Self-paced studyTraining courses purchased but not yet started will be eligible for a refund minus a $30 setup cost within 90 days from the date of purchase. Fees cannot be refunded once the program has been started or completed.
Contact MGMAContact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds:
Toll-free: 877.275.6462, ext. 1888