While medical practices are battled-tested and demonstrated their mettle during the most difficult times, the COVID-19 pandemic also brought to light their deficiencies as we head into 2021.
Though disruptive remnants of 2020 — including virtual care competency, searches for personal protective equipment (PPE) and patient access issues — carried over into 2021, practices were better equipped to handle these strains.
Throughout 2021, MGMA Stat — a weekly national poll of healthcare leaders on medical practice management topics — continued to take the pulse of the healthcare industry on crucial issues.
In this special year-in-review report, MGMA reflects on how practices handled vaccination policies, staffing struggles, practice culture and financial recovery.
JOIN MGMA STAT
Our ability at MGMA to provide great resources, education and advocacy depends on a strong feedback loop with healthcare leaders. To be part of this effort, sign up for MGMA Stat and make your voice heard in our weekly polls. Sign up by texting “STAT” to 33550 or visit mgma.com/stat. Polls will be sent to your phone via text message.
- MGMA Staffing Resource Center — Resources, tools and content to help you navigate through the tight labor market
- MGMA COVID-19 Recovery Center — The latest updates, tools and resources to help your practice navigate through the pandemic.
- MGMA COVID-19 Federal Assistance and Advocacy Center — Stay up to date on the latest waivers, regulatory updates and relief available to medical practices throughout the pandemic.
- MGMA Stat: Measuring the Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic — Find all our COVID-19 data stories going back to the start of the pandemic.
- MGMA Consulting — The industry leader in creating meaningful change in healthcare, one organization at a time.