Best-selling author Elizabeth Woodcock, MBA, FACMPE, CPC, has updated this popular manual to help busy medical practice executives keep their practices up to date on the latest regulations and operational processes. Keeping practice manuals current can be a daunting task, and developing them in a clear, consistent and compliant way only adds to the burden.
When you find yourself asking, “Why don’t my employees understand how to get this job done?”, you need a realizable, easy-to-use resource like the Operating Policies and Procedures Manual for Medical Practices, 5th edition
to address the problem.
Updated to reflect an office that is fully automated, this manual is designed for all medical practices regardless of organizational size, type or specialty mix. You’ll receive more than 200 customizable policies and procedures that you can use in your practice today.
Let the Operating Policies and Procedures Manual for Medical Practices, 5th edition
be your guide on the journey to managing a successful practice. This resource makes it simple to develop and maintain your practice’s manual.
This manual addresses these and other core business functions:
- Business office
- Clinical care
- Closing a practice
- Disaster planning
- Exposure control
- Financial management
- Information systems
- Materials management
- Medical records
- Medical management
- Patient administrative services
- Privacy and security
All of the manual’s forms, policies and procedures are available for download.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Policy Development and Maintenance
- Chapter 2: Personnel
- Chapter 3: Scheduling
- Chapter 4: Patient Administrative Services
- Chapter 5: Medical Records
- Chapter 6: Clinical Care
- Chapter 7: Medication Management
- Chapter 8: Information Systems
- Chapter 9: Financial Management
- Chapter 10: Materials Management
- Chapter 11: Facilities
- Chapter 12: Business Office
- Chapter 13: Disaster Planning
- Chapter 14: Exposure Control
- Chapter 15: Closing a Practice
- Operating Policy and Procedural Matrix
- List of Forms
- Instruction for Electronic Files Download
MGMA members enjoy FREE standard shipping on all purchases.
Standard and express shipping options are available to customers.
- Standard shipping $9.50 (5-7 business days)
- Two-day shipping $20.00
- Overnight shipping $25.00 (excludes Saturday delivery)
MGMA can ship internationally for an additional fee. Please call the MGMA Service Center for a shipping quote.