Forget everything you’ve learned in any “statistics” courses you’ve ever attended. This ground-breaking ebook will introduce a “mind set,” not a “tool set” to effectively utilize data to improve your practice.
This totally revised and streamlined edition presents an everyday organizational language to understand the many guises of variation and a framework to react appropriately. A deeper understanding of variation is far more important than statistical techniques when solving quality improvement problems in a healthcare practice.
While defined projects are still necessary for organizational improvement, but they must be seen in the context of cultural transformation.
Data Sanity: A Quantum Leap to Unprecedented Results, 2nd edition ebook will catalyze this process and the use of everyday data to create the time to make effective, more strategic projects.
You will learn elegantly simple — and counterintuitive — techniques that can create group consensus in seconds. As a result, you can lead deeper, more productive conversations about data and quality issues, which can be the surprising catalyst for true organizational excellence.
New in this edition:
- A total streamlining and reorganization of content to aid readability and understanding
- Updated examples and information
Davis Balestracci, M.S. statistics, is well known for delivering his message of “data sanity” through an internationally acclaimed passionate, provocative, challenging, yet humorous and down-to-earth public speaking style. More than one “math phobe” has thanked him for a statistical approach that neither bores nor tortures them, claiming: “Wow&hhellip;I FINALLY get it!” People also appreciate his acute awareness of the daily realities of improvement practitioners.
Despite the analytical nature of a degree in statistics, he describes himself as a “right-brained” statistician – he is a pipe organist and has also done graduate work in orchestral and choral conducting.
Since 2005, Mr. Balestracci has been a regular contributor to Quality Digest on applying statistical methods to everyday work, facilitating cultural resistance, and educating organizational culture. His book Data Sanity: A Quantum Leap to Unprecedented Results (with a Foreword by Dr. Donald Berwick), now in its second edition, is a unique synthesis of W. Edwards Deming’s teachings into an improvement-based leadership philosophy designed to transform organizations.
- Quality in Healthcare: The Importance of Process
- Data Sanity: Statistical Thinking as a Conduit to Transformation
- A Leadership Belief System: Basic Skills for Transforming Culture
- A Leadership Handbook: Creating the Culture to Deliver Desired New Results
- Deeper Implications of Process-Oriented Thinking: Data and Improvement Processes
- Process-Oriented Statistics: Studying a Process in Time Sequence
- Statistical Stratification: Analysis of Means
- Beyond Methodology: New Perspectives on Teams, Tools, Data Skills, and Standardization
- Cultural Education and Learning as a Process
- The Ins and Outs of Surveys: Understanding the Customer
Refunds will not be issued for ebook purchases.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this book.
How to access your ebook
Following your purchase of an MGMA ebook, your ebook will be added to your saved items in your Dashboard. To access the files, please sign in to MGMA.com and visit "My Dashboard".
eBooks will be made available as .mobi, .epub and .pdf for some titles.
Recommended file types depend on the devices used to access the ebook:
- PC or Mac — EPUB or PDF.
- iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch — EPUB or PDF.
- Kindle and Kindle Fire — MOBI or PDF.
- Android — EPUB.
- NOOK, NOOK Color and NOOK Tablet — EPUB.
- Sony Reader and Other eReaders — EPUB
If a pdf version is not listed it is not available for this specific title.
Using your ebook
In order to access your ebook you must have one of the following:
- PC or Mac
- iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
- Kindle and Kindle Fire
- NOOK, NOOK Color and NOOK Tablet
- Sony Reader and Other eReaders
Kindle is a free option to view the ebook and can be downloaded here