In this episode of the MGMA Insights podcast, we’re joined by Adrienne Lloyd
, MHA, FACHE, chief administrative officer, Duke Eye Center. Lloyd is an MGMA practice management consultant
with more than 19 years in healthcare leadership, including a lengthy stint at the Mayo Clinic. She’s certified in Lean and Six Sigma and specializes in training medical professionals on process improvement.
You can see Lloyd present on “Key Steps in Utilizing Lean and Six Sigma for Clinic Optimization” at The Operations Conference, April 16-18 in Phoenix. To capitalize on early bird registration or learn more about the conference, visit mgma.com/TOC
Don’t quite have time to listen to the entire episode? No worries. We’ve compiled a handful of highlights from Lloyd’s interview for your convenience:
- (5:44) “I think looking at it from the customer perspective really helps us just focus on what truly is required and important from the patient perspective so that we can spend our time on those things.”
- (20:21) “As leaders, we often try to do everything ourselves, and we feel this huge responsibility to make it work, which is great … but we can’t do it alone.”
- (36:09) “I often show that I Love Lucy chocolate factory video, where we’re just kind of shoving patients in. We have them all show up at 7 o’clock and meanwhile, we don’t have enough staff to even touch the patients, all of them, until 8 o’clock.”
- (41:15) “These days in healthcare, most leaders, we don’t want to be at the top feeling like we’re dictating what needs to happen to our teams or our physicians. We really want to have an organization that feels like a team, that’s a community.”
- (42:19) “Growing is uncomfortable, and change is uncomfortable. But if you’re not changing, then you’re really not moving forward.”
Here are some links and reference related to this week’s show:
If you like the show, please rate and review it wherever you get your podcasts. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
, Google Play
or countless other platforms to make sure you never miss an episode.
We love hearing from listeners about the show. If you have topics you’d like us to cover or experts you’d like us to interview, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or reach out to MGMA Sr. Editor and podcast host Daniel Williams on Twitter at @MGMADaniel
MGMA Insights is presented by Decklan McGee, Rob Ketcham and Daniel Williams.
Join other healthcare professionals who always keep the bottom line in mind at MGMA20 | The Financial Conference, March 5-7 in Nashville, Tennessee. Click here
to learn more or take advantage of early bird registration.