Ensure your practice is receiving full reimbursements based on accurate risk adjustment coding. This course will provide a ground-level understanding of risk-adjusted coding and the importance of complete documentation and precise coding that will ensure accurate revenue capture for your practice.
This course is eligible for ACMPE, AAPC and CEU credit.
Please note: If you have a group of 5 or more interested in this course, we offer group pricing. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Currently, many practices don’t fully understand what risk-adjusted coding is and how it is aligned with value-based care. This course will provide participants with a better understanding of the Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) model of risk adjustment and that model's potential for improving practice reimbursements. Upon completion, you will have a ground-level understanding of risk-adjusted coding and awareness of the documentation and precise coding required to ensure accurate revenue capture for your practice.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the basics of risk adjustment principles
- Outline the basics of HCC concepts
- Illustrate how documentation, or lack thereof, can affect Risk Adjustment Factor (RAF) scores
- Determine how coding affects reimbursements in risk-adjusted plan
- Understanding risk adjustment
- Introducing Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) coding concepts
- Identifying Risk Adjustment Factors (RAF) and hierarchy
- Documentation and diagnoses
- Choose your own schedule and pace
Engaging, up-to-date content to maximize learning:
- Multimedia, videos and animation
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
To provide you maximum scheduling flexibility, this course is divided into several short segments, allowing you to complete one or more at a time.
Who should participate?
- Members studying for the ACMPE certification exams
- New/intermediate practice managers/administrators
- Medical coders
- Revenue cycle managers and staff
- Delivery method: ongoing | self-paced study
- Learning level: Overview
- Prerequisites: None
- Learning format: Traditional
- Advance preparation: None
- Duration: 60 minutes
Available for: ACMPE: 1 | AAPC: 1 Core A and all specialties except CIRCC | CEU: 1
- AAPC - medical coders
- Credit must be requested no later than May 31, 2019
- ACMPE - medical practice administrators in certification and Fellowship through ACMPE
- CEU - generic continuing education unit
If you wish to claim ACMPE, AAPC or continuing education unit (CEU) credit for this eLearning course, participants must successfully complete the online course and pass the exam.
Official Continuing Education Statements and Availability
American College of Medical Practice Executive (ACMPE)
ACMPE credit is available to registered eLearning participants who complete the course and pass the exam.
ACMPE credit is available to MGMA members who are enrolled in the Association’s credentialing program. Learn more about ACMPE credit.
One ACMPE credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
AAPC credit is available to registered eLearning participants who complete the course and pass the exam.
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC for the programs content or the programs sponsor.
One AAPC credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.5 or as AAPC deems appropriate.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Generic CEU certificates of attendance are available to registered eLearning participants who complete the course and pass the exam.
One generic CEU credit is awarded for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
For questions regarding continuing education, please contact us!
firstname.lastname@example.org l 877.275.6462, ext. 1836 | fax: 303.784.6083
You will need:
- Internet: A high-speed internet connection
- Audio: Computer speakers or headphones
- Learning management system: Run this system check
eLearning courses purchased but not yet started will be eligible for a refund minus a $30 setup cost within 90 days from the date of purchase. Fees cannot be refunded once the course has been started or completed.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds:
If for any reason MGMA must cancel this eLearning course prior to the expected expiration date, MGMA will notify participants by email of the cancellation no less than five business days prior to the cancellation. Full registration refunds will be processed within 90 days of the cancellation. Registration fees cannot be refunded if the eLearning course is started or completed.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this course.
Susan Whitney has more than 30 years of experience in healthcare coding and revenue cycle management. Whitney was the senior director of coding and educational services as well as provider education director for a Denver-based consulting firm from 2000 to 2012. She was the coding and compliance manager at Panorama Orthopedics in Golden, Colo.