This course is part of the Financial Management Boot Camp self-study course.
Making sense of your financial data so you can use and report on it accurately is critical to the long-term success of your medical practice. This course will teach you how to identify key data and how to analyze and apply it to make your practice more profitable, and ensure you have enough cash to pay vendors, employees and physicians.
You will explore various methods for analyzing financial statements and other key financial indicators including profitability, staffing and overhead. You will also study comparisons of actual data against budgets, prior periods, industry data and an overview of benchmarking, which blends best practices with metrics to improve your performance.
After taking this module, you will be able to:
- Analyze current practice operations using comparisons to budget, historical performance and industry data
- Use benchmarking to improve practice performance
- Use financial indicators to analyze practice performance
- Determine what to report to your medical group on a regular basis
- Recognize effective techniques to present and explain practice financial information to physicians
Course content is based on competencies identified in the Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management, 3rd edition
This course is eligible for ACMPE and CEU credit.
Continuing Education Information
- Delivery method: self-paced study | ongoing
- Learning Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: A fundamental knowledge of medical group practice management.
- Learning Format: Traditional
- Advance preparation: None
- Duration: Approximately 105 minutes
If you wish to claim ACMPE or continuing education unit (CEU) credit for this eLearning course, participants must successfully complete all eLearning modules and the cumulative exam.
Official Continuing Education Statements and Availability
American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE)
ACMPECredit continues to be a free member benefit for Certified Medical Practice Executives (CMPEs) and Fellows in the American College of Medical Practice Executives (FACMPEs) and can be claimed on these members' ACMPE transcripts.
ACMPE credit is available to MGMA members who are enrolled in the Association’s credentialing program. Learn more about ACMPE credit.
One ACMPE credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Generic CEU certificates of attendance are available to registered eLearning participants who complete the course as described above.
One generic CEU credit is awarded for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
For questions regarding continuing education, please contact us!
| 877.275.6462, ext. 1836 | fax: 303.784.6083
- Available for 60 days from the first time you login to your course
- Choose your own schedule and pace
Engaging, up-to-date content to maximize learning:
- Multimedia, videos and animation
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
To provide you maximum scheduling flexibility, this course is divided into several short segments, allowing you to complete one or more at a time.
Who should participate?
- Members studying for the ACMPE certification exams
- New/Intermediate practice managers/administrators
Training courses purchased but not yet started will be eligible for a refund minus a $30 setup cost within 90 days from the date of purchase. Fees cannot be refunded once the program has been started or completed.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds:
If for any reason MGMA must cancel this program, MGMA will notify participants by email of the cancellation no less than five business days prior to the cancellation of the program. Full registration fees will be refunded in full within 90 days of the cancellation.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this course.