Physicians, nurses, and other clinical staff members strive to provide quality care, excellent customer service and the latest medical technology to their patients.
Increasingly, clinical excellence depends on sound financial management providing an infrastructure that allows those talented clinical professionals to effectively serve the practice's patients. Medical practice administrators often carry significant responsibility for the financial management of the medical practice.
This four-part course covers the basic financial knowledge needed to manage a medical practice, including financial statements, the accounting process, the revenue cycle, cash flow and internal control. Today's successful practice administrator needs to be able to analyze financial information to improve operations and profitability.
The content is based on competencies identified in the Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management, 3rd edition
Learn how to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the accounting process should function in a medical practice
- Evaluate the performance of your practice's revenue cycle
- Develop an awareness of the common risks of misappropriation of financial assets and some procedures that can mitigate those risks
- Manage the practice's cash flow
- Analyze financial statements and other financial information
Continuing Education Information
- Delivery method: self-paced study | ongoing
- Learning Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: A fundamental knowledge of medical group practice management
- Learning Format: Traditional
- Advance preparation: None
- Duration: Approximately 315 minutes
If you wish to claim ACMPE
or continuing education unit (CEU)
credit for this eLearning course, participants must successfully complete all eLearning modules and the cumulative exam.
Official Continuing Education Statements and Availability
American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE)
Credit continues to be a free member benefit for Certified Medical Practice Executives (CMPEs) and Fellows in the American College of Medical Practice Executives (FACMPEs) and can be claimed on these members' ACMPE transcripts.
ACMPE credit is available to MGMA members who are enrolled in the Association’s credentialing program. Learn more about ACMPE credit.
One ACMPE credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Generic CEU certificates of attendance are available to registered eLearning participants who complete the course as described above.
One generic CEU credit is awarded for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
For questions regarding continuing education, please contact us!
l 877.275.6462, ext. 1836 | fax: 303.784.6083
- Available for 60 days from the first time you login to your course
- Choose your own schedule and pace
Engaging, up-to-date content to maximize learning:
- Multimedia, videos and animation
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
To provide you maximum scheduling flexibility, this course is divided into several short segments, allowing you to complete one or more at a time.
Who should participate?
- Members studying for the ACMPE certification exams
- New/Intermediate practice managers/administrators
Training courses purchased but not yet started
will be eligible for a refund minus a $30 setup cost within 90 days from the date of purchase. Fees cannot be refunded once the program has been started or completed.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds:
- Toll-free: 877.275.6462, ext. 1888
- Email: email@example.com
If for any reason MGMA must cancel this program, MGMA will notify participants by email of the cancellation no less than five business days prior to the cancellation of the program. Full registration fees will be refunded in full within 90 days of the cancellation.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this course.