Every organization sets benchmarks. But what is the most effective way to go about setting benchmarks that are relevant to your business?
This self-study online course explores the following components:
- The theory behind benchmarking
- Basic principles and elements of benchmarking
- The need for benchmarking in your organization
- The process involved in benchmarking
Beyond the basics of benchmarking and the theory behind it, you will be able to walk away knowing the most common benchmarking formulas and what they mean. You’ll not only be able to interpret data and regularly review benchmarking results, but actually take the information you have, present it to your organization, and utilize it to improve patient flow, care, experience and revenue cycles.
You will be able to share the knowledge that you’ve gained with your peers and colleagues as well as effectively apply what you’ve learned about the need for data – particularly benchmarking data and interpretation – in your everyday business practices.
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Discuss the principles, theory and process of benchmarking
- Identify basic benchmarking formulas
- Interpret benchmarking data sets
- Assess benchmarking data results to members of your organization
- Utilize benchmarking data to improve organizational operations, patient management and revenue cycle management
This course is appropriate for entry-level professionals, anyone new to the medical practice field and anyone who would like to dive deeper into how benchmarking can improve your business.
Continuing Education Information
- Delivery method: self-paced study | ongoing
- Learning Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: A fundamental knowledge of medical group practice management.
- Learning Format: Traditional
- Advance preparation: None
- Duration: Approximately 60 minutes
If you wish to claim ACMPE
or continuing education unit (CEU)
credit for this eLearning course, participants must successfully complete all eLearning modules and the cumulative exam.
Official Continuing Education Statements and Availability
American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE)
Credit continues to be a free member benefit for Certified Medical Practice Executives (CMPEs) and Fellows in the American College of Medical Practice Executives (FACMPEs) and can be claimed on these members' ACMPE transcripts.
ACMPE credit is available to MGMA members who are enrolled in the Association’s credentialing program.
One ACMPE credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Generic CEU certificates of attendance are available to registered eLearning participants who complete the course as described above.
One generic CEU credit is awarded for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
For questions regarding continuing education, please contact us!
| 877.275.6462, ext. 1836 | fax: 303.784.6083
- Available for 60 days from the first time you login to your course
- Choose your own schedule and pace
Engaging, up-to-date content to maximize learning:
- Multimedia, videos and animation
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
To provide you maximum scheduling flexibility, this course is divided into several short segments, allowing you to complete one or more at a time.
Who should participate?
- Members studying for the ACMPE certification exams
- New/Intermediate practice managers/administrators
Training courses purchased but not yet started
will be eligible for a refund minus a $30 setup cost within 90 days from the date of purchase. Fees cannot be refunded once the program has been started or completed.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds:
If for any reason MGMA must cancel this program, MGMA will notify participants by email of the cancellation no less than five business days prior to the cancellation of the program. Full registration fees will be refunded in full within 90 days of the cancellation.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this course.