Essentials of Financial Management is part of the Essentials of Group Practice Management course.
A new or inexperienced practice manager may not have an understanding of how to develop a relationship with financial and insurance carriers; these relationships are critical to the practices financial success. During this course we will discuss the basics of creating a relationship with financial and insurance carriers.
Learn the essentials, including how to:
- Develop and implement the organization's budget to achieve organizational objectives
- Establish internal controls for cash management
- Implement and maintain a process for external financial audits
- Develop and implement revenue cycle management and accounts receivable management
- Analyze and monitor financial performance and report financial results to stakeholders
- Define the payroll process
- Choose and maintain the organization's banking, investment and other financial relationships
- Develop relationships with individual insurance carriers to optimize contract negotiations and maintenance of existing contracts
This course represents one of the six performance domains as defined in the Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management, 3rd edition.
- Available for 60 days from the first time you login to your course
- Choose your own schedule and pace
Engaging, up-to-date content to maximize learning:
- Multimedia, videos and animation
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
To provide you maximum scheduling flexibility, this course is divided into several short segments, allowing you to complete one or more at a time.
Who should participate?
- Members studying for the ACMPE certification exams
- New/Intermediate practice managers/administrators
Continuing Education Information
- Delivery method: self-paced study | ongoing
- Learning Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: A fundamental knowledge of medical group practice management.
- Learning Format: Traditional
- Advance preparation: None
- Duration: Approximately 75 minutes
- Available for: ACMPE: 1.25 | CEU: 1.25
If you wish to claim ACMPE or continuing education unit (CEU) credit for this eLearning course, participants must successfully complete all eLearning modules and the cumulative exam.
Official Continuing Education Statements and Availability
American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE)
Credit continues to be a free member benefit for Certified Medical Practice Executives (CMPEs) and Fellows in the American College of Medical Practice Executives (FACMPEs) and can be claimed on these members' ACMPE transcripts.
ACMPE credit is available to MGMA members who are enrolled in the Association’s credentialing program. Learn more about ACMPE credit.
One ACMPE credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Generic CEU certificates of attendance are available to registered eLearning participants who complete the course as described above.
One generic CEU credit is awarded for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
For questions regarding continuing education, please contact us!
email@example.com l 877.275.6462, ext. 1836 | fax: 303.784.6083
You will need:
- Internet: A high-speed internet connection
- Audio: Computer speakers or headphones
- Learning management system: Run this system check
Training courses purchased but not yet started will be eligible for a refund minus a $30 setup cost within 90 days from the date of purchase. Fees cannot be refunded once the program has been started or completed.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds.
- Toll-free: 877.275.6462, ext. 1888
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this webinar.