Provides the tools to develop and implement a risk management plan for your medical practice.
This course is eligible for ACMPE and CEU credit.
Essentials of Risk and Compliance Management is part of the Essentials of Group Practice Management self-study course.
A new or inexperienced practice manager may not have a lot of knowledge about reducing liability for the practice. This course will provide the tools to develop and implement a risk management plan for the practice that will limit liability.
Learn the essentials, including how to:
- Identify and implement a risk management plan to ensure a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors
- Define and implement policies and procedures to manage the impact of adverse legal events
- Establish a plan for disaster response and recovery
- Integrate a compliance program for federal and state laws and regulations
This course represents one of the six performance domains as defined in the Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management, 3rd edition.
- Available for 60 days from the first time you login to your course
- Choose your own schedule and pace
Engaging, up-to-date content to maximize learning:
- Multimedia, videos and animation
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
To provide you maximum scheduling flexibility, this course is divided into several short segments, allowing you to complete one or more at a time.
Who should participate?
- Members studying for the ACMPE certification exams
- New/Intermediate practice managers/administrators
Continuing Education Information
- Delivery method: self-paced study | ongoing
- Learning Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: A fundamental knowledge of medical group practice management.
- Learning Format: Traditional
- Advance preparation: None
- Duration: Approximately 30 minutes
If you wish to claim ACMPE or continuing education unit (CEU) credit for this eLearning course, participants must successfully complete all eLearning modules and the cumulative exam.
Official Continuing Education Statements and Availability
American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE)
Credit continues to be a free member benefit for Certified Medical Practice Executives (CMPEs) and Fellows in the American College of Medical Practice Executives (FACMPEs) and can be claimed on these members' ACMPE transcripts.
ACMPE credit is available to MGMA members who are enrolled in the Association’s credentialing program. Learn more about ACMPE credit.
One ACMPE credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Generic CEU certificates of attendance are available to registered eLearning participants who complete the course as described above.
One generic CEU credit is awarded for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
For questions regarding continuing education, please contact us!
email@example.com l 877.275.6462, ext. 1836 | fax: 303.784.6083
You will need:
- Internet: A high-speed internet connection
- Audio: Computer speakers or headphones
- Learning management system: Run this system check
Training courses purchased but not yet started will be eligible for a refund minus a $30 setup cost within 90 days from the date of purchase. Fees cannot be refunded once the program has been started or completed.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds:
If for any reason MGMA must cancel this program, MGMA will notify participants by email of the cancellation no less than five business days prior to the cancellation of the program. Full registration fees will be refunded in full within 90 days of the cancellation.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this course.