Conference attendees will gather best practices for revenue growth, cost reduction and compensation and productivity
Englewood, Colo. (May 13, 2019) – Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) will host its inaugural Data Conference taking place May 16-18, 2019 in Orlando, Fla. Medical practices today are faced with numerous cost and financial pressures. The Data Conference is designed for healthcare professionals focused on getting hands-on learning to analyze, benchmark and test their financial data to run a more efficient and profitable medical practice.
Industry and data experts will gather to share learnings on how to utilize data to drive revenue growth and maximize the power of data in overall business operations. Content areas include solution-based sessions focused on how to get the most out of physician, management and staff compensation models, cost and revenue analysis and uncovering opportunities and untapped potential available to their organization. Attendees will take advantage of the MGMA DataDive platform by uncovering opportunities and untapped potential available to their organization.
Speaker and session highlights include:
- Justin Chamblee, CPA, MBA, FACMPE, senior vice president and director of operations, Coker Group, and Stephen Ross, MHA, FHFMA, CMPE, senior manager, Coker Group, will present a session on the topic of “Compensation Planning for the New Age of Healthcare”
- Frank Cohen, MBB, MPA, director of analytics at Doctors Management LLC, will discuss the topic of “Evidence-based Thinking,” which incorporates techniques such as critical thinking, analytics, decision theory and problem-solving to improve management skills and outcomes.
- Lynda Barrie, consultant, MGMA Consulting, will present on the topic of leveraging data to improve revenue cycle management
“We need to be prepared for explosive growth in the healthcare business analytics market. Projected growth is expected to go from $14 billion in 2019 to more than $50 billion by 2024. By educating attendees on how to maximize the power of their data, they will be better prepared to thrive in this growing environment and uncover opportunities that will allow them to be operationally efficient and successful,” said Halee Fischer-Wright, MD, MMM, FAAP, FACMPE, president and chief executive officer at MGMA. “We have organized a conference that will arm attendees with the tools needed to harness their data to enable efficient medical practice operations.”
Additional speakers and sessions include:
- Timothy Smith, CPA, ABV, principal, TS Healthcare Consulting will present on physician compensation benchmarking and will demonstrate how survey data is used in valuations of physician compensation and medical practices
- Corey Smith, senior healthcare analyst, Prosper Beyond Inc. and Doral Jacobsen, MBA, chief executive officer, Prosper Beyond Inc., will present on the total cost of care and share stories using data
- Nate Moore, CPA, MBA, FACMPE, president, Moore Solutions Inc., will deliver a session that introduces approaches to tracking operational data to improve scheduling, decrease patient wait times, reduce no-shows and increase patient access
To view more specifics about healthcare topics being discussed at The Data Conference, please visit MGMA’s website and follow on social media using the hashtag #MGMA19DC.
Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) is the premier association for professionals who lead medical practice. Since 1926, through data, people, insights, and advocacy, MGMA empowers medical group practices to innovate and create meaningful change in healthcare. With a membership of more than 45,000 medical practice administrators, executives, and leaders, MGMA represents more than 12,500 organizations of all sizes, types, structures and specialties that deliver almost half of the healthcare in the United States.