Initiating and leading process improvement within your organization is critical to long-term sustainability. Set your organization apart by understanding the scope, methods and tools needed to implement Lean concepts in your healthcare setting.
With the MGMA Lean Leadership online course, you’ll gain the perspective, knowledge and skills you need to implement and sustain Lean techniques in your organization and create long-term success.
This self-study course, designed to provide real-world application for healthcare professionals, features nine modules:
- Introduction: Understand basic Lean concepts and leadership principles and how they are used in medical practice process improvement.
- Lean’s Role in Healthcare: Explore the major milestones to process improvement, compare Lean concepts in healthcare to other industries, understand the biggest impact to waste reduction and discover how to incorporate the voice of the customer.
- Culture’s Role in Process Improvement: Explore the key elements of change management culture, including vision, skills, incentives and resources, and gather tips and techniques for choosing the best possible team.
- Project Charter: Understand what a charter is, how and when to complete one, with whom to share it and how to identify areas of scope creep.
- Value Stream Mapping: Develop a process map that allows you to easily and quickly understand the current and future state process flows and avoid over-analysis.
- Stakeholder Communication Plan: Define the key people and departments that will influence your project’s success and develop the proper plan and timing to keep them informed and engaged.
- Change Management: Learn how to transition individuals and teams to a desired future state and create short-term wins that result in sustainable change.
- Sequence of Tasks: Utilize task tools to document the sequential steps and associated elements that contribute to a process and set the foundation for sustained success.
- Rapid Improvement Events: Develop a program to generate significant changes to current processes within a very short time frame.
Make the decision to improve processes and efficiencies in your organization using Lean techniques.
Please note: If you have a group of 5 or more interested in this course, we offer group pricing. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Available for 60 days from the first time you login to your course
- Choose your own schedule and pace
Engaging, up-to-date content to maximize learning:
- Multimedia, videos and animation
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
To provide you maximum scheduling flexibility, this course is divided into several short segments, allowing you to complete one or more at a time.
Who should participate?
This course is designed for individuals who want to understand the scope, methods and tools needed to implement Lean concepts to improve processes and create sustainable change in their organizations. Participants may include:
- Individuals or teams with little to moderate exposure to or experience with Lean techniques
- Healthcare professionals who are looking to increase their knowledge of Lean concepts
- Front-line clinical and professional staff
- Directors and managers
- Senior leaders and administrators
In addition to the course, all participants will receive a complimentary Lean Leadership project toolkit. The toolkit can be used for implementing Lean practices learned in the course into your work environment.
Continuing Education Information
- Delivery method: self-paced study | ongoing
- Learning Level: Basic
- Prerequisites: None
- Learning Format: Traditional
- Advance preparation: None
- Duration: Approximately 300 minutes
- Available for: ACMPE: 5 | CEU: 5
If you wish to claim ACMPE or continuing education unit (CEU) credit for this eLearning course, participants must successfully complete all eLearning modules and the cumulative exam.
Official Continuing Education Statements and Availability
American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE)
Credit continues to be a free member benefit for Certified Medical Practice Executives (CMPEs) and Fellows in the American College of Medical Practice Executives (FACMPEs) and can be claimed on these members' ACMPE transcripts.
ACMPE credit is available to MGMA members who are enrolled in the Association’s credentialing program.
One ACMPE credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Generic CEU certificates of attendance are available to registered eLearning participants who complete the course as described above.
One generic CEU credit is awarded for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
For questions regarding continuing education, please contact us!
email@example.com l 877.275.6462, ext. 1836 | fax: 303.784.6083
You will need:
- Internet: A high-speed internet connection
- Audio: Computer speakers or headphones
- Learning management system: Run this system check
Training courses purchased but not yet started will be eligible for a refund minus a $30 setup cost within 90 days from the date of purchase. Fees cannot be refunded once the program has been started or completed.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds:
If for any reason MGMA must cancel this program, MGMA will notify participants by email of the cancellation no less than five business days prior to the cancellation of the program. Full registration fees will be refunded in full within 90 days of the cancellation.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this course.
At this time, we are not able to offer the ability to purchase multiple seats via our website, but our Service Center will be happy to register your team for this via phone. Please contact them at 877.275.6462 ext. 1888 between 6:00 am - 6:00 pm Mountain Time, Monday through Friday.
Our team will also be glad to assist you in assigning those seats to individuals at your organization.
The more seats you purchase, the better your discount!
5–14 seats – 5% off
15–99 seats – 15% off
100 seats or more – 20% off