ISBN # 978-1-56829-687-6
Changing regulatory environment, efforts to tie quality to financial function through value-based performance, and the rapid growth in consumer payments along with shifting consumer expectations are just a few of the challenges plaguing medical practices today. These challenges increase the risks taken running a practice and emphasize the importance of hiring quality staff.
This Simple Guide focuses on the Compliance and Risk Management group of job descriptions that deal with the ever-changing challenges faced by you and your staff.
This guide will take you through:
- Identifying key attributes of candidates for complicated positions
- Analyzing job description to assure the role is focused on managing risk or if this is a part of a larger role, to decrease the possibility of conflict of interest
- Interviewing basics with sample behavioral-based questions which focus on the candidate's knowledge base
- Immediate resources such as simple forms and templates that can be personalized for your practice
This is written for anyone who has a hand in the hiring and recruitment process. Use it as a valued resource for direction and support for placing and retaining great staff.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Purpose of the Hiring Guide.
Analyzing Medical Practice Staffing
Compliance and Risk Management Roles
Preparing the Job Description
The Recruitment Process Reconsidered
Designing a Hiring Process
Appendix A: Job Descriptions
Appendix B: Sample Interview Questions
About the Authors
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this book.
MGMA members enjoy FREE standard shipping on all purchases. Simply add FREESHIP to the Promo Code field during checkout.
Standard and express shipping options are available to customers.
- Standard shipping $9.50 (5-7 business days)
- Two-day shipping $20.00
- Overnight shipping $25.00 (excludes Saturday delivery)
MGMA can ship internationally for an additional fee. Please call the MGMA Service Center for a shipping quote.