Essentials of Operations Management is part of the Essentials of Group Practice Management course.
New and existing medical personnel need to have a basic understanding of operations management for the medical practice to succeed. Arm yourself with the business know-how needed to develop operations plans, compensation methodologies, needs assessment, clinical pathways, benchmarking, facility management and marketing and communications plans.
Learn the essentials, including how to:
- Establish, communicate, implement and monitor production and compensation standards for all physician and nonphysician provider staff
- Implement and/or support organization leadership management of clinical staff conduct and performance expectations of programs
- Analyze the elements of medical practice business operations
- Clarify the role of marketing and communications in a well-run practice
- Identify the essentials of purchasing, outsourcing and facilities management
- Develop and maintain appropriate internal communication pathways for clinical and nonclinical staff
- Define a technology plan that establishes the criteria for selection and implementation of information technology, including computer systems, Internet strategies and telecommunications
- Plan and design a technology security process to protect patient and practice data systems
- Manage medical information systems including medical records, medication administration and healthcare-related document storage
- Develop and implement processes to comply with mandated reports of specified patient issues to regulatory agencies
- Utilize a quality improvement tool to develop a clinical pathway
- Develop and oversee patient satisfaction and customer service programs
This course represents one of the six performance domains as defined in the Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management, 3rd edition
- Available for 60 days from the first time you login to your course
- Choose your own schedule and pace
Engaging, up-to-date content to maximize learning:
- Multimedia, videos and animation
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
To provide you maximum scheduling flexibility, this course is divided into several short segments, allowing you to complete one or more at a time.
Who should participate?
Frequently asked questions
- Members studying for the ACMPE certification exams
- New/Intermediate practice managers/administrators
Continuing Education Information
- Delivery method: self-paced study | ongoing
- Learning Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: A fundamental knowledge of medical group practice management
- Learning Format: Traditional
- Advance preparation: None
- Duration: Approximately 105 minutes
- Available for: ACMPE: 1.75 | CEU: 1.75
If you wish to claim ACMPE
or continuing education unit (CEU)
credit for this eLearning course, participants must successfully complete all eLearning modules and the cumulative exam.
Official Continuing Education Statements and Availability
American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE)
Credit continues to be a free member benefit for Certified Medical Practice Executives (CMPEs) and Fellows in the American College of Medical Practice Executives (FACMPEs) and can be claimed on these members' ACMPE transcripts.
ACMPE credit is available to MGMA members who are enrolled in the Association’s credentialing program. Learn more about ACMPE credit.
One ACMPE credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Generic CEU certificates of attendance are available to registered eLearning participants who complete the course as described above.
One generic CEU credit is awarded for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
For questions regarding continuing education, please contact us!
| l 877.275.6462, ext. 1836 | fax: 303.784.6083
You will need:
- Internet: A high-speed internet connection
- Audio: Computer speakers or headphones
- Learning management system: Run this system check
Training courses purchased but not yet started
will be eligible for a refund minus a $30 setup cost within 90 days from the date of purchase. Fees cannot be refunded once the program has been started or completed.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds:
- Toll-free: 877.275.6462, ext. 1888
- Email: email@example.com
If for any reason MGMA must cancel this program, MGMA will notify participants by email of the cancellation no less than five business days prior to the cancellation of the program. Full registration fees will be refunded in full within 90 days of the cancellation.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this course.