What does it mean to shift value-based payment models?
Maybe you aren’t sure where to start. How can you stay competitive amidst the changes in healthcare when resources are limited? While reading this book, you will dive deeply into the key challenges and opportunities of value-based care. We will explore how you can use your core values and strengths to transform your practice — driving away from maximizing volume with fee-for-service billing to reimbursement under incentive programs that are part of value-based payments. By answering critical questions such as where to start, what does the finish line look like and what happens along the way, you will gain the insight needed to deliver a better patient experience while improving health and lowering the cost of care. Learn to:
- Support your practice’s transformation by understanding the leadership skills needed to succeed in value-based incentive programs.
- Evaluate what already exists in your practice and what needs to change to succeed in demonstrating outcomes.
- Determine key elements to assess when considering options for participating in programs with alternative payment models.
- Examine how the organization of teams can deliver better patient experience and higher staff satisfaction.
- Determine how to create a high-functioning team based on each person’s strengths.
- Analyze the behavioral traits of team members to maximize their potential and improve retention.
Across the healthcare industry, the push is to deliver value rather than volume with value-based payment programs being the financing mechanism to drive change. This book is the perfect starting point to gather information about how to prepare for, and maximize, your participation in value-based payment models. You will learn to create the foundation to evaluate value-based payment models and understand how your practice needs to be structured to succeed in value-based care and avoid penalties or exclusion from networks. Reading this book, you will gain insights from a managed care perspective and walk away with recommendations to implement in your practice.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this book.
MGMA members enjoy FREE standard shipping on all purchases. Simply add FREESHIP to the Promo Code field during checkout.
Standard and express shipping options are available to customers.
- Standard shipping $9.50 (5-7 business days)
- Two-day shipping $20.00
- Overnight shipping $25.00 (excludes Saturday delivery)
MGMA can ship internationally for an additional fee. Please call the MGMA Service Center for a shipping quote.