This step-by-step resource—provided in Adobe PDF, ePub and Microsoft Word files—is essential for understanding the NCQA’s Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recognition program. This resource is newly revised and aligned with Version 7 of the NCQA's PCMH Standards and Guidelines (Effective January 1, 2022).
Keep informed with the PCMH Policies & Procedures Guidebook: Based on the National Committee for Quality Assurance’s PCMH Standards and Guidelines - eBook.
The goal of the medical home is simple: to obtain the best possible outcomes for patients by coordinating the medical team’s care with available community resources. This care delivery concept is called a patient-centered medical home or PCMH.
This resource can help your organization no matter where it is in the progression of PCMH adoption. Information in this guidebook can assist in refining patient throughput, education and related processes into a highly functional model, or serve as an outline for the first steps on the journey to becoming a medical home. The PCMH recognition means accepting the imperative to be the most effective coordinator of patient care across all care settings, which may include primary, specialty, ancillary, inpatient and community-based services.
The PCMH circle of care also includes the patient’s family, caregivers and the broader community. This eBook can help your organization in applying for and obtaining recognition as a medical home through the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) PCMH program. This electronic book with customizable policies is based on the NCQA’s PCMH Standards and Guidelines.
A step-by-step guide, this eBook assists your coordination of that journey by providing practical infrastructure in the form of concrete policies and procedures aligned with the NCQA’s PCMH Standards and Guidelines (Version 7: Effective January 1, 2022).
The PCMH Policies & Procedures Guidebook: Based on the National Committee for Quality Assurance’s PCMH Standards and Guidelines - eBook:
- Offers sample policies and procedures for you to reference as you complete the NCQA PCMH recognition process
- Helps the developers of the organization’s policies and procedures to best organize their written documentation at any step in the creation or revision process of a policy and procedure
- Contains samples of policies and procedures you can easily customize, reproduce and implement for your organization
- Features a job description for a PCMH health coach and protocols for holding team huddles
- Includes a separate customizable Microsoft Word file that allows you to align the content with your organization
This guidebook provides an effective platform for compliance with “Improvement Activities,” the reporting category for the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). Investing in the PCMH Policies & Procedures Guidebook: Based on the National Committee for Quality Assurance’s PCMH Standards and Guidelines - eBook facilitates your practice’s successful participation in MIPS. Medical practices designated as patient-centered medical homes gain full credit for the “Improvement Activity” section.
Refunds will not be issued for ebook purchases.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this book.
How to access your ebook
Following your purchase of an MGMA ebook, your ebook will be added to your saved items in your Dashboard. To access the files, please sign in to MGMA.com and visit "My Dashboard".
eBooks will be made available as .mobi, .epub and .pdf for some titles.
Recommended file types depend on the devices used to access the ebook:
- PC or Mac — EPUB or PDF.
- iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch — EPUB or PDF.
- Kindle and Kindle Fire — MOBI or PDF.
- Android — EPUB.
- NOOK, NOOK Color and NOOK Tablet — EPUB.
- Sony Reader and Other eReaders — EPUB
If a pdf version is not listed it is not available for this specific title.
Using your ebook
In order to access your ebook you must have one of the following:
- PC or Mac
- iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
- Kindle and Kindle Fire
- NOOK, NOOK Color and NOOK Tablet
- Sony Reader and Other eReaders
Kindle is a free option to view the ebook and can be downloaded here