During this online course, you’ll explore Lean techniques to evaluate processes and identify steps that do not provide value to the organization or the customer and discover how to use fewer resources and reduce costs by eliminating redundancy, rework and other forms of waste. Upon successful completion of the online course work and exam, a Yellow Belt certificate will be awarded.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
This course has a prerequisite of one of the following:
Please note: If you have a group of 5 or more interested in this course, we offer group pricing. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- Identify improvement projects with your practice and relate practice goals to Lean Six Sigma concepts
- Develop or refine a project charter with problem statement, goals, tasks and milestones
- Determine the root cause of issues in the medical practice
This course is broken into several topics including:
The format: engaging, up-to-date content focused on healthcare and designed to maximize learning:
- Eliminating waste
- Deployment platforms
- Project management tools
- Value stream mapping
- Multimedia eLearning courses
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
To provide maximum scheduling flexibility, this course is divided into several short segments, allowing you to complete the weekly modules at your convenience.
Who should participate?
- Participants who have taken MGMA’s Lean Leadership or Lean Six Sigma White and want to expand their Lean knowledge
- Members preparing to apply for ACMPE Fellowship
- Practice managers looking to improve efficiencies and reduce costs in their organizations
- Delivery method: self-paced study | ongoing
- Learning Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: Completion of one of the following: Lean Six Sigma White Belt, MGMA’s Lean Leadership, or completion of another Lean program (instructor approval required)
- Learning Format: Traditional
- Advance preparation: None
- Duration: Approximately 270 minutes
If you wish to claim ACMPE or continuing education unit (CEU) credit for this eLearning course, participants must successfully complete all eLearning modules and the cumulative exam.
Official Continuing Education Statements and Availability
American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE)
Credit continues to be a free member benefit for Certified Medical Practice Executives (CMPEs) and Fellows in the American College of Medical Practice Executives (FACMPEs) and can be claimed on these members' ACMPE transcripts.
ACMPE credit is available to MGMA members who are enrolled in the Association’s credentialing program. Learn more about ACMPE credit.
One ACMPE credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Generic CEU certificates of attendance are available to registered eLearning participants who complete the course as described above.
One generic CEU credit is awarded for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
For questions regarding continuing education, please contact us!
l 877.275.6462, ext. 1836 | fax: 303.784.6083
Owen Dahl is a nationally recognized medical practice management consultant with more than 48 years’ experience in consulting and managing medical practices. His expertise includes revenue cycle management, strategic planning, organizational behavior and information systems implementation.
Dahl is a recognized national speaker on topics such as Lean, revenue cycle, scenario planning, practice operations, change and disaster preparedness.
He is the author of such titles as Think Business – Medical Practice Quality, Efficiency, and Profits and The Medical Practice Disaster Guide Book, and coauthored Lean Six Sigma for the Medical Practice. In addition, he writes and contributes articles that appear in MGMA Connection, Medical Economics, Physicians Practice and several other publications.
Dahl received his Bachelor’s degree in hospital administration from Concordia College, Moorhead, Minn., and his MBA from the University of Northern Colorado, Greeley. He has completed doctoral work at NOVA Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
You will need:
- Internet: A high-speed internet connection
- Audio: Computer speakers or headphones
- Learning management system: Run this system check
MGMA must receive all eLearning courses cancellation requests no later than 48 hours prior to the start of the program to be eligible for a full refund minus a $75 setup cost. Fees cannot be refunded once a program has been started or completed.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds:
If for any reason MGMA must cancel this program, MGMA will notify participants by email of the cancellation no less than 48 hours prior to the cancellation of the program. Full registration fees will be refunded in full within 90 days of the cancellation.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this course.
The Lean Six Sigma was the best class I have attended in a long time, with a valued return on my time investment through certification and ACMPE credits.
-FMPC15 Conference Attendee
Pre conference on Lean Six Sigma was by far the most productive session of them all.
-FMPC15 Conference Attendee