MGMA’s new data report, Provider Pay and the Pandemic: Realizing Recovery, offers a closer look at the most up-to-date and comprehensive set of industry benchmarks within the 2022 MGMA DataDive Provider Compensation data set. The data are the best apples-to-apples comparison to pre-pandemic benchmarks following a lockdown-heavy 2020.
Reflecting information from more than 192,000 providers across more than 7,700 organizations, this new MGMA data report shows:
- Compensation for most physician specialties reached or exceeded pre-pandemic levels in 2021, outstripping the mostly flat results achieved in a lockdown-heavy 2020.
- Specialist physicians who were hit the hardest in 2020 made significant gains last year despite rising costs and staffing shortages emerging as top challenges.
- Primary care physicians saw compensation gains slightly behind those seen in 2020, with median total compensation reaching $286,525 in 2021.
Complete the form on this page to download this report
Learn more: MGMA DataDive Provider Compensation
Balance compensation with productivity with the most reliable data in the industry. MGMA DataDive Provider Compensation is your go-to resource for any physician or advanced practice provider (APP) compensation decisions. Use it to understand the unique differences among physician-owned, academic and hospital-owned practice benchmarks across multiple regions, practice sizes and provider experience levels. Benchmarks include:
- Compensation (including total pay, bonus/incentives, retirement)
- Productivity (work RVUs, total RVUs, professional collections and charges)
- Benefit metrics (hours worked per week/year and weeks of vacation)