Genie Blough, MBA, FACMPE, Consultant
Genie G. Blough, MBA, FACMPE, has more than 30 years of experience in healthcare management specializing in anesthesiology and pain management with an emphasis on anesthesiology revenue cycle assessment and improvement; outsourced billing and management services assessment; anesthesiology staffing models; fair market value for anesthesiologist compensation arrangements; anesthesiology group contracting with hospitals and integrated systems; benchmarking; financial management and productivity improvement; strategic planning and business development; and anesthesiology group governance improvement.
Ms. Blough has a bachelor of science in computer science and an MBA from University of South Alabama. In addition, she is a Certified Medical Practice Executive and a Fellow in the American College of Medical Practice Executives. She is a past board member of MGMA and chaired the finance and audit committee of the MGMA board of directors. She has developed and taught online courses in medical reporting and design. She frequently speaks on practice operations, benchmarking, organizational/management issues within anesthesiology practices, and strategic issues facing the specialty of anesthesiology.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Anesthesiology revenue cycle assessment and improvement
- Patient care systems and workflow solutions
- Operational assessment/improvement
- Outsourced billing and management services assessment
- Benchmarking, financial management and productivity improvement
- Strategic planning and business development
- Fair market value for anesthesiologist compensation arrangements
- Physician group contracting with hospitals and integrated systems
Phone: 877.275.6462, ext. 1877