All exam registrants must be an active participant in the ACMPE board certification program
Your application, application fee and documentation must be completed for eligibility.
Pay your exam registration fee online or by calling toll-free 877.275.6462, ext. 1888. You must register for each of your exams separately, but both must be completed to earn the CMPE designation.*
For exam purchasers outside of the United States, please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.275.6462, ext. 1888 or by email at email@example.com. To complete your purchase. Each international exam registration will be charged an additional $50.00.
After registering, you will receive a Notice to Schedule email from exam vendor Scantron within two business days. Once purchased, you have one year to take the exam with no extensions or refunds.
You will receive one Notice to Schedule per exam. This will include your personal user name and password allowing you to make your exam appointment at a designated Scantron testing facility.
Registration note: Be sure the name listed on your drivers license is the same as your registration and scheduling name used. If you have changed your name since you last tested with Scantron, please call Scantron at 919.572.6880 prior to registering for your exams.
Registrants have the option for on-demand testing at over 500 Scantron testing locations, or may select live remote proctored (LRP) format from the location of choice. LRP will have specific directions to ensure exam safety, including required use of web-cam.
Once you register for an exam through MGMA and your eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a user name and password that will allow you to select your exam location, date and time. Please note that you won't be able to schedule your exam appointment at a Scantron testing site until you have submitted your registration fees and eligibility requirement.
Registration fees for exams are $167 and are eligible for one year, one time.
No Shows and Refunds
- Examinations rescheduled 11 or more days from the date of scheduled exam(s), will not incur a fee to do so. They must still test within the one year of eligibility.
- Examinations rescheduled 48 hours up to 10 days of schedules exam(s) will pay a $15.00 rescheduling fee per exam to Scantron.
- All reschedules are handled by Scantron at 919.572.6880.
- Those who wish to reschedule within 48 hours of scheduled exams, will be a No Show and will forfeit their fees and eligibility*. You will need to purchase exam(s) again to test.
- No-shows for the testing appointment will have to purchase the exam(s) again.
- No refunds will be offered for the examinations. Eligibility is good for one year from purchase date.
- After one year, the candidate will need to purchase their exam(s).
If you have other questions about please contact MGMA toll-free at 877.275-6462, ext. 1888.