ISBN # 978-1-56829-682-1
Hiring and firing is not something you do regularly in your practice so how do you handle it when one of your most valued employees has given notice or a long-term staff member just quit? What if your practice is expanding and you need help to define new positions and how to distribute the additional workload? As one in a series of Simple Guides, this manual takes the guesswork and confusion out of recruiting and hiring the best staff.
This Simple Guide provides detailed information on Patient Access Positions, the positions that are key to getting your patients through the door of your medical practice, while creating a memorable experience during their visit.
Use this as step by step resource to:
- Identify key skillsets: i.e. stellar customer service mindset and others that will support your successful hire
- Analyze job descriptions: to ensure everyone is clear on performance expectations
- Interview with situational questions: to give you a better idea of how your candidate will perform in the demanding front office space
- Access immediate resources: simple forms and templates that can be personalized for your practice
This is written for anyone who has a hand in the hiring and recruitment process. Use it as a valued resource for direction and support for placing and retaining great staff.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Purpose of the Hiring Guide
Analyzing Medical Practice Staffing
Patient-Access Roles within the Medical Practice
Preparing the Job Description
The Recruitment Process Reconsidered
Designing a Hiring Process
Appendix A: Job Descriptions
Appendix B: Sample Interview Questions
About the Authors
Refunds will not be issued for ebook purchases.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this book.
How to access your ebook
Following your purchase of an MGMA ebook, your ebook will be added to your saved items in your Dashboard. To access the files, please sign in to MGMA.com and visit "My Dashboard".
eBooks will be made available as .mobi, .epub and .pdf for some titles.
Recommended file types depend on the devices used to access the ebook:
- PC or Mac — EPUB or PDF.
- iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch — EPUB or PDF.
- Kindle and Kindle Fire — MOBI or PDF.
- Android — EPUB.
- NOOK, NOOK Color and NOOK Tablet — EPUB.
- Sony Reader and Other eReaders — EPUB
If a pdf version is not listed it is not available for this specefic title.
Using your ebook
In order to access your ebook you must have one of the following:
- PC or Mac
- iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
- Kindle and Kindle Fire
- NOOK, NOOK Color and NOOK Tablet
- Sony Reader and Other eReaders
Kindle is a free option to view the ebook and can be downloaded here