ISBN # 978-1-56829-681-4
Hiring and firing is not something you do regularly in your practice so how do you handle it when one of your most valued employees has given notice or a long-term staff member just quit? What if your practice is expanding and you need help to define new positions and how to distribute the additional workload? As one in a series of Simple Guides, this manual takes the guesswork and confusion out of recruiting and hiring the best staff.
This simple guide provides detailed information on patient access positions, the positions that are key to getting your patients through the door of your medical practice, while creating a memorable experience during their visit.
Use this as step by step resource to:
- Identify key skillsets: i.e. stellar customer service mindset and others that will support your successful hire
- Analyze job descriptions: to ensure everyone is clear on performance expectations
- Interview with situational questions: to give you a better idea of how your candidate will perform in the demanding front office space
- Access immediate resources: simple forms and templates that can be personalized for your practice
This is written for anyone who has a hand in the hiring and recruitment process. Use it as a valued resource for direction and support for placing and retaining great staff.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Purpose of the Hiring Guide
Analyzing Medical Practice Staffing
Patient-Access Roles within the Medical Practice
Preparing the Job Description
The Recruitment Process Reconsidered
Designing a Hiring Process
Appendix A: Job Descriptions
Appendix B: Sample Interview Questions
About the Authors
Refunds will not be issued for ebook purchases.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this book.
MGMA members enjoy FREE standard shipping on all purchases. Simply add FREESHIP to the Promo Code field during checkout.
Standard and express shipping options are available to customers.
- Standard shipping $9.50 (5-7 business days)
- Two-day shipping $20.00
- Overnight shipping $25.00 (excludes Saturday delivery)
MGMA can ship internationally for an additional fee. Please call the MGMA Service Center for a shipping quote.