ISBN # 978-1-56829-692-0
Without argument, healthcare is one of the most complex industries from both an operational and a financial perspective. In all practices, financial management professionals have a responsibility and a greater focus on internal controls, risk management, business analytics, with higher awareness of systems vulnerability. Finance professionals can be assigned responsibility for many functions; however, they are almost always the keepers of the data.
As one in a series of Simple Guides, this manual takes the guesswork and confusion out of hiring for financial management so you are prepared when one of your most valued employees has just given notice or someone who has been with the practice for 10 years decides it is time to move on. Whether your practice is expanding, or you are hustling to fill an open position, you need help.
This Simple Guide focuses on the recruitment, hiring and retention processes for the financial management positions in your practice and includes the following:
- Identifying the most important attributes, such as integrity and honesty, required for finance professionals and staff
- Assuring the job descriptions include tasks with checks and balances to reduce risk with the practice’s financials
- Interviewing basics with sample behavioral-based questions which focus on the candidate's knowledge base
- Immediate resources such as simple forms and templates that can be personalized for your practice
This is written for anyone who has a hand in the hiring and recruitment process. Use it as a valued resource for direction and support for placing and retaining great staff.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Purpose of the Hiring Guide
Analyzing Medical Practice Staffing
Financial Management Roles within the Medical Practice
Preparing the Job Description
The Recruitment Process Reconsidered
Designing a Hiring Process
Appendix A: Job Descriptions
Appendix B: Sample Interview Questions
About the Authors
Refunds will not be issued for ebook purchases.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this book.
How to access your ebook
Following your purchase of an MGMA ebook, your ebook will be added to your saved items in your Dashboard. To access the files, please sign in to MGMA.com and visit "My Dashboard".
eBooks will be made available as .mobi, .epub and .pdf for some titles.
Recommended file types depend on the devices used to access the ebook:
- PC or Mac — EPUB or PDF.
- iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch — EPUB or PDF.
- Kindle and Kindle Fire — MOBI or PDF.
- Android — EPUB.
- NOOK, NOOK Color and NOOK Tablet — EPUB.
- Sony Reader and Other eReaders — EPUB
If a pdf version is not listed it is not available for this specefic title.
Using your ebook
In order to access your ebook you must have one of the following:
- PC or Mac
- iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
- Kindle and Kindle Fire
- NOOK, NOOK Color and NOOK Tablet
- Sony Reader and Other eReaders
Kindle is a free option to view the ebook and can be downloaded here