ISBN # 978-1-56829-684-5
There are key market drivers that are creating challenges for medical practices. These include a changing regulatory environment, reimbursement challenges, larger consumer payments with decreasing margins for medical practices and patients recognizing that they have a voice in their care. Patients have higher expectations and expect more from their clinical providers. This affects the medical practice at almost every entry and care point.
Your clinical staff is pivotal in working with your patients and physicians. It’s also incredibly important to place the right level of staff for risk reduction and quality outcomes. Recruiting and hiring staff is not something the practice does on a regular basis. But when the need arises, having a step by step resource with the information you need in one place, will make some of these decisions less difficult.
This Simple Guide is focused on clinical positions, from nursing to technicians and other ancillary staff, and is one in a series of hiring guides.
Use this guide to:
- Identify necessary subjective skills, such as empathy, that are balanced with good clinical practices
- Analyze tactical job descriptions, to ensure the candidate is reasonably focused on their core duties, working to the top of their license
- Implement interview basics with sample behavior- based questions that will provide insight to future performance
- Access immediate resources such as simple forms and templates that can be personalized for your practice
This is written for anyone who has a hand in the hiring and recruitment process. Use it as a valued resource for direction and support for placing and retaining great staff.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Purpose of the Hiring Guide
Analyzing Medical Practice Staffing.
Clinical Roles within the Medical Practice
Preparing the Job Description
The Recruitment Process Reconsidered
Designing a Hiring Process
Appendix A Job Descriptions
Appendix B: Sample Interview Questions
About the Authors
Refunds will not be issued for ebook purchases.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this book.
How to access your ebook
Following your purchase of an MGMA ebook, your ebook will be added to your saved items in your Dashboard. To access the files, please sign in to MGMA.com and visit "My Dashboard".
eBooks will be made available as .mobi, .epub and .pdf for some titles.
Recommended file types depend on the devices used to access the ebook:
- PC or Mac — EPUB or PDF.
- iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch — EPUB or PDF.
- Kindle and Kindle Fire — MOBI or PDF.
- Android — EPUB.
- NOOK, NOOK Color and NOOK Tablet — EPUB.
- Sony Reader and Other eReaders — EPUB
If a pdf version is not listed it is not available for this specefic title.
Using your ebook
In order to access your ebook you must have one of the following:
- PC or Mac
- iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
- Kindle and Kindle Fire
- NOOK, NOOK Color and NOOK Tablet
- Sony Reader and Other eReaders
Kindle is a free option to view the ebook and can be downloaded here