Start your FACMPE pursuit by meeting the current program criteria listed below and take note of the enhanced program requirements coming in 2019.
New Fellowship program enhancements begin in 2019
MGMA is excited to announce new enhancements to the ACMPE Fellowship program due to take effect on Jan. 1, 2019. Learn more about the new pathway to your FACMPE.
To achieve Fellowship status you must:
Curent program criteria — Effective through Dec. 31, 2018
- Be a current Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) member.
- Earn the Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) credential.
- Pay the $250 application and processing fee.
- Submit and receive approval for your professional paper outline or notify MGMA if you wish to pursue a business plan submission to receive a proposal form.
- After receiving approval for your paper outline or business plan proposal, submit your final professional paper manuscript or business plan submission for approval.
ACMPE Professional Papers Committee
The ACMPE Fellows of the ACMPE Professional Papers Committee will review your submissions for your ability to:
- Collect, assimilate and synthesize information into knowledge
- Conduct a professional study that is defensible to peers
- Clearly communicate in writing
The ACMPE Professional Papers Committee accepts submissions for review throughout the year. However, to be recognized as a new Fellow at the Convocation held in conjunction with the MGMA Annual Conference, you must submit your final manuscript or business plan for review no later than the deadline established each year. You have two years from the date your outline or proposal is accepted to submit your manuscript or business plan. Otherwise, you must resubmit your proposal to the committee chair for approval before you can submit your business plan.
Professional Paper Deadlines
Professional papers are no longer accepted starting January 1, 2019. If you wish to pursue a paper, your outline must be approved by December 31, 2018. Once accepted, you have two years to complete the paper manuscript.
Recommended paper outline submission date: November 30, 2018
Recommended business plan proposal submission date to be recognized as a 2019 Fellow: May 31, 2019
Final manuscript or business plan date to be recognized as a 2019 Fellow: August 30, 2019
Nikki Klaus is our Senior Membership and Certification Coordinator and she would love to talk to you about ACMPE Fellowship and help walk you through the process.