Looking to put your colleagues on the path to certification?
If you have a group of five or more interested in ACMPE board certification, we offer group pricing. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Why choose board certification through ACMPE?
The Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) credential, administered through the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE), has set the industry standard for more than 60 years as the most significant benchmark of ability and experience in medical practice management. Board certification credentials are designed, developed and evaluated by your peers to ensure that the standards are relevant, rigorous and specifically tied to competencies outlined in the six domains of the Body of Knowledge (BOK) that are necessary to drive medical practice success.
CMPE professionals enjoy:
- Professional respect from physicians, peers and colleagues
- Increased earning and career potential
- Access to a network of more than 6,600 peers who are transforming medical care delivery every day
How do you get started?
Before applying for board certification, you are required to have two years of ambulatory or other healthcare management experience that includes at least six months as a direct supervisor of people in a healthcare delivery system, as well as significant functional responsibility in at least one of the six domains in the BOK.
To apply for board certification you must:
- Be a current member of MGMA. Not an MGMA member yet? Click here.
- Pay a $250 application fee and we will email you a link to both the online and downloadable PDF applications.
- Submit your completed application online or via email or fax demonstrating the required two years of healthcare management experience, including at least six months in a supervisory role.
Once your application fee and completed form are received and your eligibility verified, we will contact you by email within 10 business days to confirm your acceptance in the program as a nominee. If it is determined that you do not meet the eligibility requirements, you will be refunded your application fee less a $25 processing fee.
Upcoming Exam Dates
September 2018 Exams
Sept 8-22, 2018 (Registration July 23 - Aug. 7, 2018)
December 2018 Exams
Dec. 1-15, 2018 (Registration Oct. 22 - Nov. 6, 2018)
Please contact the ACMPE team toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462), ext. 1888 or via email.