The depth and magnitude of change in health care reimbursement means that your medical practice cannot rely on the same old billing methods. Anything less than optimal performance from your billing office reduces cash flow and costs you money. Get cutting-edge strategies to meet today’s reimbursement challenges and improve the profitability of your medical practice.
As follow-up to the best-selling first edition, this book shares more strategies to optimize your revenue cycle and ensure a financially healthy bottom line.
Gain real-life business practices that you can adopt tomorrow in your medical practice:
- Decipher consumer-directed health plans
- Conduct patient financial clearance
- Segment patients in terms of financial risk
- Staff to effectively conduct front-end and back-end billing
- Capture increased revenue at the point of care
- Understand real-time claims adjudication
- Shrink your collections cycle
- Position your practice for pay-for-performance
- Work – and prevent – costly claim denials and rework
- Code appropriately to ensure your fair share of differential payer reimbursement
- Leverage multiple technologies
- Perform a cost/benefit analysis of your revenue cycle