The Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) and Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) have partnered to provide you with the most comprehensive, current information available on the state of hospital medicine, this year including academic hospitalist data.
Use your hospital medicine report to:
- Compare your medical practice group’s characteristics and performance to others
- Negotiate competitive compensation
- Establish realistic productivity goals
- Understand the range of appropriate financial support
- Based on data from 4,633 hospitalists in 412 groups and 726 academic hospitalists in 68 academic hospital medicine practices
- Offers information about both adult and pediatric hospitalist services and four hospitalist subspecialties:
- Internal medicine hospitalist
- Family practice hospitalist
- Pediatric hospitalist
- Internal Medicine-Pediatric hospitalist
- Expanded statistical interpretation
- Descriptive text
- Easy-to-read graphs
- Data categorized by various demographic classifications, including:
- Geographic region
- Ownership type
- Teaching status
- Night coverage model
- Financial support received
Please log in to submit a review.
“The MGMA collaboration with the Society of Hospital Medicine has resulted in a hospital medicine survey that provides vital information to guide hospitalist recruiting, productivity and compensation. The MGMA/SHM survey is valid for hospitalist group medical directors like myself, and for hospital and physician practice executives. Thus, it is a practical tool that is accepted as the gold standard for managing a physician practice.” —Patrick J. Torcson, MD, Director of Hospital Medicine, St. Tammany Parish Hospital, Covington, La.