MGMA’s annual Physician Compensation and Production Survey Report, based on data from 62,245 providers in 2,913 groups, spotlights the critical relationship between compensation and productivity for physicians and non-physician providers.
View a sample chart.
This report includes:
- Demographic categories ranging from geographic region and practice setting to years in specialty and method of compensation
- Various performance ratios illustrating the relationship between compensation and production
- Comprehensive and summary data tables that cover many specialties
- Data on collections for professional charges and work RVUs
Use this report to:
- Conduct peer comparisons to evaluate the performance of your individual physicians and non-physician providers
- Develop physician compensation and production targets for your providers
- Assess your compensation methods for compliance
- Track provider compensation trends by specialties
There is also a Web-based version of this report that provides data for four years of trending – DataDive: 2012 Physician Compensation and Production Module. See item 8508.
For your convenience, single-user CD licenses are also available that provide powerful benchmarking tools. See item 8506.
Physician Compensation and Production Survey Print Edition
Please log in to submit a review.
'The productivity and compensation survey [report] helps my doctors understand what similar groups around the country are doing and how they compare. It helps them with expectations of compensation and how productive they are or can be. In many cases it has helped us keep and retain physicians.'
—Richard Bodager, CPA, FACMPE, Executive Director/CEO, Southern Oregon Cardiology, LLC, Medford, Ore.
'As you can imagine with a multispecialty group, developing a standard compensation methodology that can be applied consistently is a challenge. My physicians expect production and compensation benchmarking data that is comprehensive, reliable and timely. The depth and breadth of information available within the MGMA Physician Compensation and Production Survey and the MGMA Cost Survey has been instrumental in ensuring our physicians' comfort level and the successful transformation of our compensation methodology.'
—Wendy C. Elliott, Executive Director, Pickaway Health Services, Circleville, Ohio
'The MGMA Physician Compensation and Production Survey [Report] is extremely helpful and an important tool in our hospitalist program planning and development. I am able to compare how my program stands up to others in my region and nationally. I also use it to justify the appropriate number of staff needed to run a quality program to the stakeholders: hospital administration and parent company financial stakeholders who subsidize the programs.'
—Glen Ramirex, Regional Director of Hospitalists Services