Because your compensation structures are unique, you need data specific to your academic environment – data that is trusted by administration and physicians alike.
Benchmark your academic practice against the strongest clinical science department data available – data from 565 clinical science departments representing 20,881 academic providers and 565 managers.
Free Trial Software
See the big picture as you:
- Analyze the critical relationship between performance and compensation as it applies to your specialty, rank, geographic region and billable clinical activity
- Evaluate the individual performance of faculty physicians and nonphysician providers
- Compare your compensation to key aggregate metrics for the private sector
- Develop compensation and production targets for your providers, including RVU productivity goals
- Use key medical department performance indicators and grant and research data to benchmark your department
- Benchmark compensation for academic managers
With this secure and convenient tool, you can:
- Access data with one click and drill down to more specific data
- Apply a sophisticated, customizable compensation and production tracking tool for ongoing analysis
- View summary tables to evaluate specialties across multiple metrics
- Create custom reports, including ranking reports
- Export data to Microsoft Excel® or download each table or graph into a single PDF file
- Create customizable dashboards that show the data that’s most important to you
- View your prepopulated data if you participated in the MGMA Academic Practice Compensation Survey
About the data:
- More data than is included in the printed report, with percentiles from 10 to 90 for more accurate ranking
- Five years of MGMA data and the percentage change for trending
- Pay-to-production ratio tables
- Key clinical department performance indicators
- Data categorized by specialty, faculty rank, geographic region and billable clinical activity
- View up to 10 specialties at once
- Management compensation by department and individual characteristics such as education level and total medical revenue
- Teaching, research and clinical activity data to relate compensation and productivity to the unique academic structure
Please log in to submit a review.
'I use the MGMA academic survey report every year to benchmark compensation and productivity with other academic institutions and private practice. Having access to the results via the DataDive module makes it very easy to pull specific numbers together into one report, and to share as needed with my faculty.'
—Stephanie Farmer, Director of Finance and Administration, University of Colorado School of Medicine