What is ACMPE Board certification?
ACMPE certification is designed to verify and validate expertise and experience in medical practice management in the eight domains of the Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management. To begin the certification process, you are required to have two years of ambulatory or other healthcare management experience that includes at least six months as a direct supervisor of people in a healthcare delivery system, as well as significant functional responsibility in at least one of the eight domains in the Body of Knowledge.
Why choose ACMPE for certification?
Established in 1956, the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) is the standard-setting and certification division of MGMA, the oldest and largest member organizations representing medical group practices.
Earning the Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) credential validates and verifies your expertise and experience in medical practice management. The certification process is based on the Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management, which reflects the knowledge and skills necessary for success in this fast-paced field.
ACMPE board certified professionals enjoy:
- Professional respect from physicians, peers and colleagues
- Increased earning and career potential
- Leading many of the nation's best-performing medical practices
How do you get started?
To apply for ACMPE Board certification and to work toward the designation of CMPE, you must:
- Be a current member of MGMA.
- Pay a one-time $250 ACMPE board certification application fee.
- Submit your completed application form demonstrating the eligibility requirements of two years health care management experience, including at least six months in a supervisory role.
- Once your application fee and application form are received and your prerequisites verified, we will contact you by e-mail within 10 business days to confirm your acceptance in the program as a nominee.
- If it is determined that you do not meet the prerequisite eligibility requirements, you will be refunded your ACMPE Board certification application fee less a $25 processing fee.
Please print and return your application form demonstrating the eligibility requirements of two years health care management experience, including at least six months in a supervisory role.
Learn more about the ACMPE board certification process.
Please log in to submit a review.