By Deborah Walker Keegan, PhD, FACMPE
practices need to employ the right staff with the right skills doing the right
things in order to optimize provider productivity and efficiency and to provide
quality and personalized patient care.
In this new book, consultant
and best-selling author Deborah Walker Keegan addresses two vital
- Do you have the right staff?
- Are they doing the
This book helps you create the “right” care team
for your medical practice — one that is current with today’s delivery system
and one that optimizes provider productivity and efficiency, practice
profitability, staff recruitment and retention, and patient value.
must-have resource presents tools and techniques to help you:
- Learn if you have the right staff by analyzing staff volume and skill
- Innovate your staffing model for each key step in patient flow:
telephones, check-in, visit, check-out, and patient follow-up
work processes to meet patient needs and improve staff efficiency
- Revise staff roles due to electronic health records and virtual
- Discover inventive strategies to optimize flexibility and
- Effectively integrate nonphysician providers in
the care team
- Staff the patient-centered medical home model
- Recruit, recognize, and retain the “best” staff
- And more!
As an added bonus, the book includes a Web link to an annually
updated staff modeling tool that allows you to input your staffing data and
compare it to the most recent MGMA median benchmarks. In turn, you may identify
opportunities to improve staffing and practice performance.
Read an interview about staffing with author Deborah Walker Keegan
2011, 300 pp., ISBN 978-1-56829-382-0
to Deborah Walker Keegan as she explains what you’ll learn from Innovative