The questions presented in this book review many of the most frequently asked questions received by the MGMA Information Center. This book, based on the MGMA best-seller Experts Answer 101 Tough Practice Management Questions, is updated to cover the domains in the ACMPE Body of Knowledge 2nd edition and adds many new questions reflecting the changes that continue to evolve in our complex and ever-changing healthcare environment.
As in the first book, these questions were asked by MGMA members like you and then compiled, researched, answered and reviewed by MGMA staff and the experts in the MGMA Health Care Consulting Group for content, validity and accuracy.
Medical practice executives will find answers to pressing and frequently asked questions. Executives will also glean knowledge and resources from this title, either for help with an existing issue in the practice or for a problem that might soon require a response, such as:
- How do I determine the fair market value of my medical practice?
- I’m looking for ways to increase patient volume and get more out of our marketing efforts. Are the Internet and social media the way to go?
- My practice is suffering from an increasing number of claims rejected by payers. Do you know what the average is for the percentage of claims denied? What can I do to reverse this trend?
- I’m looking for information on the staffing ratios in a medical practice. How do I know if I have the right number of staff for my practice?
- What are the meaningful use requirements for EHRs, and how do we qualify?
- What information do you have to help me develop a succession plan for practice leadership?
- One of my physicians wants to offer online visits. Are other practices doing virtual visits, and how does it work – and how do we get paid for it?
- What is lean management, and how does it apply to medical practice management?
- What concerns should be included in a disaster plan, and do you have any samples?
Published by MGMA, 2011, 390 pp., ISBN 978-1-56829-384-4
See author Mary Mourar explain what's new in this book
Please log in to submit a review.