For more than 85 years we have served healthcare professionals and companies who provide products and services to the healthcare market.
MGMA-ACMPE’s 22,500 members lead 13,700 organizations nationwide, in which approximately 275,000 physicians provide more than 40% of the healthcare services across the United States.
MGMA-ACMPE’s mission is to continually improve the performance of medical group practice professionals and the organizations they represent, helping medical practices provide efficient, safe, patient-focused and affordable care. MGMA-ACMPE is headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and maintains a government affairs office in Washington, D.C.
Our members represent decision-makers employed by multi- and single-specialty medical practices, health systems, and many other healthcare delivery organizations.
- Our members, the leaders and administrators of medical group practices, purchase over $100 billion in products and services annually.
- Executives, integrated system leaders, administrators and other healthcare professionals turn to us for access to the products and services that help their facilities succeed.
2012 Top Member Challenges from Medical Practice Today:
- Preparing for reimbursement models that place a greater share of financial risk on the practice
- Managing finances with the uncertainty of Medicare reimbursement rates
- Preparing for the transition to ICD-10 diagnosis coding
- Understanding the total cost of an episode of care from the payer’s perspective
- Implementing a new EHR system
- Dealing with rising operating costs
- Participating in the CMS EHR meaningful use incentive program
- Implementing and/or optimizing an accountable care organization (ACO)
- Collaborating with payers to implement new payment models
- Merging with another practice
View more attendee demographics in our 2013 Media Kit.
MGMA-ACMPE member demographics
Why MGMA-ACMPE and the healthcare market?
The healthcare industry continues to be one of the healthiest growth segments in our economy - and that growth is only projected to continue. In fact, it accounts for 14 million jobs in the United States and will create another 3 million jobs before 2016.*
Of the approximate 580,000 healthcare organizations in the U.S., the vast majority are medical practices such as physician offices, family practices, and other health practitioners. These practices vary in size, staffing patterns, and organizational structures, but they share one common trait: massive purchasing power.
*Source: U.S. Department of Labor
For more information on how MGMA can help your company reach this powerful market, contact a Corporate Relations manager today.