Advancing Leaders. Advancing Practices.
Who we are
MGMA helps medical group practices succeed. We are the leading association for medical practice executives and leaders. We provide the networking, education, advocacy, tools and resources to build strong practices that deliver the best possible patient care. MGMA strives to:
- Creates strong, dynamic, successful practices that meet the needs of today’s patients.
- Identify the industry issues that will affect our members and their practices — both positively and negatively — and advocate for their success.
- Advance the profession of medical group management and deliver skilled leaders through its professional certification.
- Collaborate with affiliates and industry corporate supporters, as well as 50 state chapters, to bring members the information and resources they need to be successful in a growing healthcare market.
Who we serve
Through its national membership and 50 state affiliates, MGMA represents more than 33,000 medical practice administrators and executives in practices of all sizes, types, structures and specialties. MGMA is headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and maintains a Government Affairs office in Washington, D.C.
Top challenges for members:
- Dealing with rising operating costs
- Preparing for reimbursement models that place a greater share of financial risk on the practice
- Managing finances with the uncertainty of Medicare reimbursement rates
- Collecting from self-pay, high-deductible, and /or health savings account patients
- Understanding the total cost of an episode of care (from the payer’s perspective)
- Preparing for the transition to ICD-10 diagnosis coding
- Maintaining physician compensation levels
- Collaborating with payers to implement new payment models
- Negotiating contracts with payers
- Optimizing an existing EHR
Based on the 2013 Medical Practice Today: What members have to say research.
Learn more about MGMA members and their role in the healthcare industry.
The new MGMA brand
Our new brand confirms our continued mission to provide our members with the tools, products and services, news, networking, advocacy and other resources they rely on to help make their practice more successful, and to help deliver the best quality patient care.
Our corporate business partnerships are important to us and we value your continued support of the Association. You help make our vision a reality and we want you on board to continue to grow and move the Association forward.
MGMA has a clearer vision of the member value and experience for the future. We want to invite you to take on the journey with us.