New at MGMA 2013
The MGMA 2013 Annual Conference education sessions have three new formats. In addition to traditional educational offerings, you will have your choice of several interactive sessions and one rapid-fire session, each offering a unique approach to learning. Additionally, a new innovation track will launch this year and will offer exciting education about emerging trends in business and healthcare.
You will find each education session at the MGMA 2013 Annual Conference identified by both content area and learning format.
Content areas include:
- Alignment and Integration
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Government Affairs
- Health Information Management
- Patient Care and Quality
- Professional and Staff Development
- Revenue and Cost Strategies
Several new session formats will be offered this year, including:
- 30-minute, 60-minute and 90-minute sessions
- Sharpen your thinking by seeing how experts convey differing ideas and viewpoints in the highly engaging point-counterpoint sessions
- Join in the Healthcare Information Technology dialogue
- Attend our very first Twitter-based session
Back by popular demand
Several of your favorite speakers will present on a variety of topics:
Monday, Oct. 7
- Join Sarah Holt for “10 Things Doctors Need to Know to Increase Revenue that Only YOU Can Teach” and attend Meryl Luallin’s session, “Move the Needle Up! How Great Patient Experiences can Earn Big Payer Bonuses.”
Tuesday, Oct. 8
- Penny Noyes will present, “Deal Breakers in Payer Contracts – Usual Suspects and ACO and Exchanges Updates.”
Wednesday, Oct. 9
- Randy Cook will share helpful tools and strategies in his “Increasing Leverage in Payer Negotiation” session.
Debrief, discuss and decompress in the Learning Lounge, which will be open all day Monday, Oct. 7, and Tuesday, Oct. 8. Visit the Learning Lounge to continue conversations with colleagues or catch some downtime during the conference.
Check back often for updates on MGMA 2013 Annual Conference education sessions.