The Oct. 1, 2015 transition to ICD-10 was extremely challenging for medical groups.
The ICD-10 deadline of October 1, 2015 has now passed and MGMA continues to advocate on behalf of our members and provide tools and resources to help make ICD-10 coding more cost effective and less disruptive to their organizations.
Take a look at the comprehensive list of ICD-10 training, resources, and guides below to help your healthcare organization with ICD-10.
Latest CMS ICD-10 News and Resources:
MGMA ICD-10 Resources:
For all the latest, visit MGMA's Washington Connection archive.
Recent MGMA ICD-10 and 5010 Implementation Advocacy:
The latest updates on MGMA's advocacy on behalf of our members on ICD-10 coding.
See all of MGMA's advocacy efforts on ICD-10 related issues, and healthcare policies in our Advocacy Archive.
CMS ICD-10 and 5010 Resources:
- CMS ICD-10 Post-Implementation Coding Basics Revisited video
CMS has released an ICD-10 video focused on the unique characteristics and features of the ICD-10 coding system. Topics include what is a valid code, guidelines for coding and reporting, coding process and examples (7th character, unspecified codes, external cause codes, laterality), how to submit coding questions, and additional resources for coders
- CMS FAQ on how to use ICD-10 qualifiers
- CMS FAQs concerning claims with dates of service that span the compliance date (use ICD-9 for all claims with dates of service before Oct 1. and ICD-10 with DOS thereafter, regardless of when you actually submit the claim)
- CMS information concerning lab, radiology and DMEPOS orders as they relate to ICD-10 recoding
- Claims Submissions Alternatives MLN Matters article, which includes information for practices experiencing difficulties submitting ICD-10 claims
- "Road to 10" flyer
- Clinical Concepts for Family Practice and several other medical specialties highlights ICD-10 concepts for conditions like diabetes, hypertension, asthma, and more.
- The ICD-10 Transition: An Introduction (CMS)
- ICD-10 Basics for Medical Practices (CMS)
- ICD-10 Basics for Small and Rural Practices (CMS)
- The ICD-10 Transition: Focus on Non-Covered Entities (CMS)
- "Road to 10" (Intended to help small medical practices jumpstart their ICD-10 transition)
- Medscape education modules (offer an overview of ICD-10 for small practices), all available on CMS' provider resources page