MGMA Letter Archive
MGMA's Government Afairs department has been working to represent the interests of group practice administrators for 15 years. Below is an archive of our letters and advocacy efforts sent to the White House, Congress, and other regulatory entities.
Please visit our Advocacy Center to contact your legislators on current healthcare issues.
- MGMA writes a letter urging Senators not to extend Medicare sequestration cuts to offset the cost of the Trade Adjustment Assistance program.
- MGMA publicly demonstrates its support for the SGR Repeal and Medicare Provider Payment Modernization Act of 2015 (H.R. 1470/S. 810), which would permanently repeal the flawed Medicare Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) formula.
- MGMA collaborates with 25 other provider organizations in a letter to HHS highlighting concerns over certain appropriate use and prior authorization criteria included in the Protecting Access to Medicare Act
- MGMA joined over 750 industry groups in sending this stakeholder letter to Speaker Boehner urging him to once and for all repeal the Medicare SGR formula before the current patch expires on March 31, 2015.
- MGMA expresses strong support for H.R. 1190, which would eliminate the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) created under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- MGMA comments on the draft 2016 Medicare Advantage and Part D Call Letter, urging more detailed information for denials and enhanced accuracy of provider directories.
- MGMA, along with 100 other provider organizations, raises concerns regarding critical ICD-10 issues.
- MGMA, along with 30 other organizations, sent a letter to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) urging the agency to strengthen standards for Medicare Advantage network adequacy.
- MGMA contributes to coalition effort making significant recommendations in response to changes set forth in the Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organizations notice of proposed rulemaking. Read the full-length or short letter.
- MGMA urges CMS to alleviate administrative burden by streamlining access for multiple quality reporting programs into one portal.
- MGMA joins industry effort to outline concerns and provide recommendations to CMS in two key areas of administrative transactions; virtual credit cards and health plan identifiers on claims
- MGMA teams with AMA, AHA and others to raise concerns with the proposal to require universal device identifiers on claim forms
- MGMA collaborates with industry stakeholders on letter to National Coordinator for Health Information highlighting concerns over the trajectory of EHR certification and making several recommended improvements.
- MGMA sends letter to CMS bringing attention to the recent trend in "virtual" credit card payments and unecessary fees attributed to EFT transactions
- MGMA comments on burdensome review process of Open Payments Program
- MGMA sends letter of opposition to H.R. 4302, the "Protecting Access to Medicare Payment Act of 2014."
- MGMA signs onto letter urging the Senate Finance Committee to preserve the in-office ancillary services exception to the Stark Law
- MGMA comments on Medicare Advantage and Part D prescription drug benefit proposed rule
- MGMA joins over 600 organizations in signing onto letter of support for the SGR Repeal and Medicare Provider Payment Modernization Act of 2014 (H.R. 4015/ S. 2000)
- MGMA urges CMS to reconsider ACA 90-day grace period
- MGMA signs onto letter underscoring concerns regarding compliance with the EHR Incentive Program
- MGMA sends letter to express our support for H.R. 4015/S. 2000, otherwise known as the SGR Repeal and Medicare Provider Payment Modernization Act of 2014
- MGMA signs onto letter demanding a comprehensive solution to the Medicare appeal backlog problem.
- MGMA signs onto letter congratulating Congressional leaders on their introduction of SGR repeal legislation
- MGMA comments on proposed rule to decrease healthcare regulatory burdens
- MGMA comments on Medicare Advantage proposed rule implementing patient ID cards
- MGMA comments on the CMS emergency request regarding prepayment review
- Sign-on letter to Joint Committee on the upcoming SGR payment cuts
- MGMA supports repeal of the 3 percent Withholding Tax
- Comments to MedPAC regarding draft recommendations for the SGR repeal
- Joint letter to MedPAC regarding draft recommendations for the SGR repeal
- Letter to CMS outlining problems with the e-prescribing penalty exemption process
- MGMA and others encouraged the Joint Committee to include medical liability reform in their deficit reduction talks
- MGMA and others urged the Joint Committee to protect Medicare funding for Graduate Medical Education
- MGMA, the AMA and others called on the Joint Committee to repeal the SGR
- MGMA letter to Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction to repeal the SGR
- Letter to CMS on HIPAA administrative simplification operating rules
- Comments to CMS on the proposed 2012 Medicare physician fee schedule
- MGMA comments on proposed rule repealing the signature requirement for lab requisition forms
- MGMA letter to CMS regarding Recovery Audit Contractors (RACs)
- MGMA and others commented on the Medicare data release proposed rule
- MGMA calls on HHS to withdraw the accounting of disclosures proposed rule
- MGMA calls on CMS to revise its 2012 e-prescribing penalty process
- MGMA sent a joint letter to Congress opposing imaging cuts and restrictions in debt negotiations
- MGMA encouraged Congress and the president to keep physcian reimbursement off limits when considering budgetary savings proposals
- Joint letter to Congress on 2011 MedPAC recommendations regarding imaging
- Joint letter to Congress onTrade Adjustment Assistance imaging cuts
- MGMA, the AMA and other physician organizations submitted comments and recommendations in response to the proposed Rule, "Methods for Assuring Access to Covered Medicaid Services"
- MGMA and 112 medical societies urged the administration and Congress to include repeal of the Medicare physician payment formula as part of the deficit reduction plan
- MGMA commented on the proposals regarding the Medicare Shared Savings Program implementing ACOs
- MGMA reached out to the Chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee regarding Medicare physician payment reform
- Letter to HHS on responsible party for setting "operating rules" for HIPAA transaction standards
- Joint letters to Congress calling for a bipartisan solution to the SGR
- Letter HHS on revising the current penalties for the e-prescribing incentive program
- Comments to the Office of the National Coordinator regarding its proposal for Stage 2 of the Meaningful Use Incentive
- Request for CMS to ease the registration process for eligible providers for the EHR Incentive Program
- Commendation of Representative Phil Gingrey, MD on his introduction of H.R. 5, the "Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely, Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011."
- Comments to CMS regarding the agency's Proposed Rule concerning the Medicaid Program: Recovery Audit Contractors
- MGMA asked CMS to improve its process for addressing inaccuracies on their Physician Compare Website
- MGMA and others wrote a letter to CMS regarding the agency's Proposed Rule on the Medicaid Program: Recovery Audit Contractors
- MGMA,and others urged HHS to intervene and revise the government's policy on e-prescribing penalties for 2011