Education and Certification Overview
MGMA-ACMPE and its certification and standard-setting division, the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE), are committed to the advancement of medical professionals – like you!
Attend a webinar today!
Learn from industry experts on today’s hottest topics in medical group practice, all from your computer.
Find a webinar
Or choose from a variety of other educational opportunities:
What works for your schedule? We consistently offer you a range of relevant programs in destination locations or as close as your own computer.
Several conferences throughout the year feature general interest and specialty-specific content. Conferences provide opportunities to network with your peers as well as attend presentations by industry experts.
Webinars are a great way to learn right at your computer from industry experts about today’s hottest practice topics. With a Q&A session and 60-90 minutes, you can choose a live or on-demand Webinar.
Watch our free on-demand Webinars
Our goal is to make your professional development resources as convenient and accessible as possible. Online courses provide learning opportunities that save you time and money, build your knowledge and skills, and ultimately improve practice performance. Benefit from online courses and learn at your own pace with or without a facilitator. Just register online and you're set to go to school – your computer is your campus!
Generally, online courses follow this weekly format:
- Overview – Learning objectives are explained
- Readings and resources – Read from your textbook and other online materials
- Content – The main topic is presented
- Case studies – Examples illustrating the main topic are provided, based on either small or large group practices
- Practice activities – An assignment related to the main content is given
- Assessment – Complete a multiple-choice exam
- Summary – The week’s content is reviewed, which prepares you for the following week
- Discussion – Participate in a facilitator-led discussion board to get your questions answered and see how your peers apply the information
Need ACMPE credit or financial assistance?
The American College of Medical Practice Executives, the standard-setting and certification body division of MGMA-ACMPE, promotes and develops the professional growth of leaders. Most of MGMA’s education programs offer ACMPE credit for those working toward certification or fellowship.
Considering or pursuing ACMPE Fellowship? The Richardson-Sargent Memorial Fund provides financial assistance for professional development and continuing education, such as MGMA conferences and seminars. Learn more and apply today.
Questions about an educational program?
Call 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462), ext. 1875, or e-mail email@example.com