Risk and Compliance Management
What is risk and compliance management in a medical practice?
Risk and compliance management in a medical practice involves maintaining a program to provide an overall safe environment, prevent or minimize adverse events, and comply with federal and state laws and regulations.
Risk and Compliance Management performance objectives include:
- Demonstrate the knowledge to create, implement and maintain a risk management program to provide a safe environment
- Demonstrate the knowledge to develop, implement and maintain a compliance program for federal and state laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate the knowledge to develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to prevent or minimize the impact of adverse events.
- Ability to comply with necessary accreditation and licensure requirements.
View all Risk and Compliance Management resources
How well do you know this domain?
Find out by taking the risk and compliance management quiz
Powered by Interact
Some examples of risk and compliance management in action could be:
- Identifying risks to your organization
- Obtaining appropriate insurance and legal protection
- Coordinating disaster preparedness
- Developing and maintaining an ongoing compliance program to conform to multiple federal, state and local regulations
- Managing the credentialing process for clinical providers and equipment