Corporate Supporter News
Vendor Relations Committee
The MGMA-ACMPE board appointed committee, comprised of members and corporate supporters, is called the Vendor Relations Committee. The purpose of the committee is to:
- Identify key vendor expectations when working with and supporting MGMA-ACMPE.
- Create effective communications to ensure that perceptions meet expectations.
- Educate members and conference attendees on the value that corporate supporters provide to the Association and to medical practices.
- Educate vendors on how to maximize their exposure to and experience with members and conference attendees.
The Vendor Relations Committee is an excellent example of the power of collaboration. Recent committee successes include:
- The introduction of Exhibit Hall breaks during the Annual Conference and an earlier Sunday opening
- Educational webinars and face-to-face sessions to help supporters better understand the needs of attendees and members
- New communications (such as this news web page) to enhance collaboration among corporate supporters and MGMA-ACMPE members, staff and leadership
MGMA-ACMPE 2012 Corporate Leadership Forum
The Association recently hosted the MGMA-ACMPE 2012 Corporate Leadership Forum. The forum’s purpose was to discuss industry trends, identify how best to enhance the value we provide to one another, and understand the corporate perspective as MGMA-ACMPE refines its strategy direction. This intimate meeting consisted of Vendor Relations Committee members, representatives from corporate supporters and payers, several MGMA-ACMPE Board members, staff leadership, and President and Chief Executive Officer Susan Turney, MD, MS, FACMPE, FACP.
The outcome was a greater understanding of the need to collaborate across a variety of initiatives, especially leveraging the corporate community’s knowledge and expertise from a content perspective. Forum discussions have helped the Vendor Relations Committee members identify projects for future implementation in partnership with Association staff.