MGMA/AMA 2017 Collaborate in Practice Conference Preconference Programs
Make the most of your conference experience with our preconference programs. Reserve your spot today!
Saturday, April 8
MACRA Readiness Workshop Preconference
Credit hours:* ACMPE: 3.75 | AAPC: 4 Core A and all specialties except CIRCC, CDEO, CPEDC and CPMS | CME: 3.5 | CPE: 4.5 | CEU: 3.75
Intermediate | Traditional
Ellen Burkett, MD, SouthPark Internal Medicine, P.C.
Doral Jacobsen, MBA, FACMPE, CEO - Prosper Beyond, Inc.
Nanci Robertson, BSN, MHA, President - Robertson Consulting, Inc.
Amber Winkler, MHA, PCMH CCE, CEO - Clarify Company LLC
Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) is a game-changer for medical practices. With the right preparation and planning, practices have a clear path to success. By taking a proactive approach, practices can optimize both quality and financial performance in the MACRA Quality Payment Program. Using a combination of Quality and Resource Use Reports (QRURs) and other practice-specific data, this workshop will allow a healthcare organization to better understand MACRA, know where they currently stand, what actions to take and identify measures to report under each QPP category. Attendees will receive a Comprehensive MACRA Toolkit that’s packed with many useful resources, including specific tools for each MIPS reporting category.
This 4-hour MACRA Readiness Workshop will provide you with the knowledge to:
- Have a better understanding of MACRA when you leave the workshop
- Understand potential economic impact of the QPP relative to MIPS and AAPM paths
- Define how QRURs can be used in defining a pathway in the QPP
- Identify CPT code billing opportunities leveraging QPP measure recommendations to increase practice revenue
- Discover tactical steps to take in 2017 to position for success in the QPP
- Understand how affiliation status impacts QPP scores including how healthcare organizations can utilize QRUR data to accelerate performance in many other areas
Learn more about the MACRA Readiness Assessment, which is the supplemental piece to this MACRA Readiness Workshop Preconference. Attendees who purchase the assessment after March 10 are not guaranteed to receive the report at the workshop. Orders placed after March 10 may have the report delivered to them after April 11.
Listen for more details about what the MACRA Readiness Workshop Preconference is:
Listen to learn more about the ROI of the Assessment:
"The MACRA Readiness Assessment was very valuable for WNC Dermatological Associates. It's the MACRA "cliff notes" in practical terms that helped us understand the Quality Payment Program, identify the financial impact of the program and validate our measure selection for MIPS. We also gained insight and guidance on how we can work on cost during 2017 through the Quality and Resource Use Report (QRUR) analysis."
- Rocky Bacelieri, MD, WNC Dermatological Associates
We recommend that the physician/administrator team attend this workshop.
A total of 50 MACRA Readiness Preconference participant practices are eligible to purchase a customized assessment and action plan at the preconference.
Sunday, April 9
9:00 am-12:00 pm
Credit hours:* ACMPE: 3 | CME: 3 | CPE: 3.5 | CEU: 3
Intermediate | Interactive
Pamela Ballou-Nelson, RN MSPH PhD, senior consultant, MGMA Health Care Consulting Group, Englewood, Colo.
Nicole Deaner, MSW, director, education and training, HealthTeamWorks, Lakewood, Colo.
Effective change leadership is critical to meet the changing models of health care required to sustain success in value based payments. This 3-hour pre-conference workshop will support managers and clinical leaders with key tools and takeaways to assess your leadership style and support effective change leadership on multiple levels.
This session will provide you with the knowledge to:
- Examine the need and know how to refocus your style when faced with significant need for change
- Analyze how to design & implement a change framework at your organizational level
- Discover ways to respond effectively to different perspectives while still achieving alignment & organizational change
Preconference programs require additional fees.
* Credits are subject to change
For additional information regarding continuing education credit offered at the MGMA/AMA 2017 Collaborate In Practice Conference, call 877.275.6462, ext. 1836 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.