Why does continuing education matter?
Continuing education encourages you to keep learning, improving and seeking best practices. Demonstrate personal and professional development and stay up to date with changes in the medical practice management field.
How do you earn it?
MGMA-ACMPE recognizes that numerous activities contribute to your professional growth and management effectiveness. Continuing education hours are granted for programs that include relevant content aimed at improving your management competence and medical practice management knowledge. You may receive credit for continuing education taken within one month prior to your Nominee acceptance date.
You can receive ACMPE credit hours for:
What does the requirement mean for nominees, CMPEs and Fellows?
- A cumulative total of 50 credit hours must be reached for advancement to CMPE, assuming that all the other requirements have been completed.
- Once you have advanced to Certified or Fellow member status, you must earn and submit 50 hours of qualifying credit hours every three years.
- All members are on the same three-year cycle; the current cycle began Jan. 1, 2013, and concludes Dec. 31, 2015.
- MGMA-ACMPE will calculate a prorated requirement for Certified Members who advance after the beginning of a cycle.
- Be sure to check your transcript regularly to see how many hours you still need to fulfill.
How do you log your ACMPE credit hours?
View your online transcript and log your hours today.